V. Balasundaram receives “Indira Gandhi Sadbhavna Award”November 27th, 2007 - 12:57 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, Nov 27 (ANI/Business Wire India): V. Balasundaram, Director of Concorde Digital Technologies Private Limited was presented with the “Indira Gandhi Sadbhavna Award” for outstanding individual achievements and distinguished services to the nation.
The award was honoured by the National Integration and Economic Council on the occasion of the National Symposium on “Life and Works of Late Indira Gandhi” held at New Delhi, on November 22 to mark the 89th birth anniversary of Late Smt. Indira Gandhi.
National Integration and Economic Council recognises men and women from various walks of life for their outstanding individual achievements and services and pioneering work in their field of work and for their contribution to the nation.
M.V. Rajasekharan, Union Minister of State for Planning, Government of India, Bhishma Narain Singh, former Governor of Tamil Nadu and Assam and Chaudhary Randhir Singh, former Governor of Sikkim gave away the award at a function held at Vithalbhai Patel House, Constitution Club, Rafi Marg, New Delhi.
V. Balasundaram is a co-founder and Director of Concorde Digital Technologies and is responsible for worldwide operations, services and delivery, innovation and technology, human resources, finance, corporate affairs and quality.
Balasundaram is a chartered accountant and cost accountant, a gold medalist, with a brilliant academic record that includes an All-India First Rank in ICWA (Final).
Prior to co-founding Concorde Digital Technologies, he had held senior finance positions in some of the best companies in India and in South East Asia, including TATA Motors Limited, Larsen & Toubro Limited, the Parry Group of Chennai, two Thai-Japanese Joint Ventures belonging to the Teijin Group of Japan, viz, Thai Filament Textiles Co. Ltd & D.K. Textile Industry Co. Ltd., in Thailand and the Swiss MNC Triumph International in India.
He set up new departments and systems from scratch in Larsen & Toubro Limited, in the Thai-Japanese Joint Ventures in Thailand and in Triumph International when it entered India in 2002.
He also handled the Southeast Asian currency crisis of 1997 admirably in the Thai-Japanese Joint Ventures by restructuring the finance and accounts operations.
He was also instrumental in revamping the information systems of the Parry Group of Chennai during the period 1985-87.
He was a part-time Examiner of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India before going to Thailand. He has also published an article in the prestigious journal “The Chartered Accountant”, the official journal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Concorde Digital Technologies is a leading BPO Company operating in the healthcare vertical and servicing U.S. and Canadian clients, headquartered in Chennai with an office in Los Angeles, USA.
It is a member company of the Software Technology Parks of India. It was a pioneering effort by Balasundaram to start this BPO Company in 1999, when the BPO revolution was just starting up. (ANI)
- L&T bags Rs.1,449 crore order for a Chhattisgarh power plant - Oct 19, 2010
- India, China to see growth in BPO sector by 2015 - Aug 22, 2011
- Holiday packages to Thailand with even Jain food if you desire - Jun 03, 2011
- China, India tie for top place on Forbes Asia's Fab 50 list - Sep 16, 2010
- VFS to provide Thai visa services in Bangalore - Apr 20, 2012
- India to launch 16 new nuclear reactors - Jun 01, 2012
- Five Indian firms among world's most innovative - Sep 07, 2012
- L&T; arm signs Rs.2,600 crore agreement with NHAI - Jun 22, 2011
- TCS, Mitsubishi form joint venture firm - Feb 08, 2012
- HOV Services awarded top BPO Provider on 2010 - Aug 14, 2010
- Connect 2011 to start in Chennai Dec 20 - Nov 28, 2011
- Thailand tourism woos industry, travellers with tax-breaks, freebies - Jun 19, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags order worth Rs.3,500 crore - May 16, 2011
- L&T;, Samsung Techwin to produce guns in Pune - Mar 29, 2012
- Record discharge of cargo at Odisha's Dhamra Port - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: achievements, chartered accountant, companies in india, concorde, council recognises, digital technologies, distinguished services, economic council, finance positions, government of india, icwa, indira gandhi, narain singh, national integration, national symposium, New Delhi, rafi marg, randhir singh, tata motors, worldwide operations