Uttar Pradesh stops power cuts to industrySeptember 16th, 2008 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 16 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh has withdrawn its decision to stop power supply to heavy industries from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., officials said Tuesday.The decision was taken 10 days ago and the reason, according to Uttar Pradesh Power Corp Ltd (UPPCL), was a sudden increase in the night demand.
UPPCL said it has withdrawn rostering because of the increase in the import quota of the electricity.
“The quota has increased to 4,000 MW against the 3,700 MW a few days ago. At present, there is no acute shortage but if required, the industries will be subjected to a rostering of four hours,” UPPCL managing director Avnish Awasthi told IANS.
Though the industries have been exempted, major cities of the state may face extended power cuts, he added.
Against a demand of 7,800 MW in the state, the availability is only 6,600 MW.
While the power plants of the state generate approximately 2,700 MW, about 4,000 MW is imported from other states. Out of the total availability, about 1,500 MW are supplied to industries in the state.
- Pay more for more power in Noida and Ghaziabad - Jun 19, 2012
- Power woes in UP set to disturb Akhilesh honeymoon (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - May 25, 2012
- Powers crisis turns into law-and-order scare for UP government - Jul 24, 2012
- UP blacklists 14 firms supplying sub-standard transformers - Jun 27, 2012
- 12 IAS transferred in UP - Mar 27, 2012
- UP power corporation to open 168 online billing centres - Jun 07, 2012
- UP transformer producers threaten to stop supply - May 11, 2012
- UP gives grace period for power MoUs inked by Mayawati - Jun 07, 2012
- Use of ACs to be banned in Uttar Pradesh - May 01, 2010
- To tide over shortage, Uttar Pradesh to cut power to industries - Sep 08, 2008
- Akhilesh lays foundation of 1,980 MW power plant - Jun 12, 2012
- Power cuts, power holidays for Tamil Nadu - Feb 26, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh blames UPA government for power shortage - Oct 11, 2011
- Power cuts likely to continue in Odisha - Jul 07, 2012
- Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013 - Feb 08, 2011