Uttar Pradesh post offices to also sell gold coinsMarch 6th, 2009 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 6 (IANS) After Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Delhi, now it is the turn of post offices in Uttar Pradesh to sell gold coins, an official said Friday.
As many as 102 post offices in the state will start selling gold coins March 9, a day before Holi, Sachin Kishore, director of postal services told IANS here.
In the first phase, the gold coins would be available at post offices in Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Agra, Allahabad and Kanpur. Later, the service would be extended to other districts of the state, he added.
According to officials, the gold coins would be available in four denominations - 0.5 gm, one gm, five gm and eight gm - in specially designed tamper-proof packaging. The coins will come along with a certification of gold purity, they added.
To attract customers, the postal department will launch the new service with a discount, officials said, adding the coins will available at prices five per cent lower than market price at the launch, officials added.
- India Post to give discount on gold coins this Rakhi - Aug 01, 2012
- Six percent discount on gold coins on Akshaya Tritiya - Apr 23, 2012
- India Post to sell gold coins during festive season - Oct 27, 2010
- For 10 grams gold bought, India Post offers half a gram free - Jan 12, 2009
- Now get India Post gold coins in 466 post offices - Apr 30, 2010
- Airport Metro opens postal service counter - Apr 26, 2012
- Water proof Rakhi envelopes in Lucknow - Jul 14, 2012
- Coin shortage makes everyday life difficult in West Bengal - Aug 19, 2012
- Delhi post offices sold 3.5 kg gold on Dhanteras - Oct 25, 2011
- Reliance Money launches new gold coins with India Post logo - Oct 18, 2010
- Govt. committed to make postal services more people friendly: Sibal - Mar 09, 2011
- Emirates Post issues stamps on Arab Postal Day - Aug 16, 2012
- E-trade of gold bars begins Aug 2 - Jul 31, 2010
- Gold prices dip an added draw to Akshaya Tritiya buyers (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- National Postal Policy to be announced in 2012: Sibal - Feb 01, 2012