Uttar Pradesh clears seven new thermal power plantsApril 21st, 2010 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 20 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh cabinet Tuesday gave its nod for setting up seven new thermal power plants to bring an additional 4,500 MW of power in the energy-starved state, an official said.
The new plants would entail an investment of more than Rs.25,000 crore.
Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation chairman Navneet Sehgal said: “Each of these plants are coming up in the private sector and would be set up through the MOU (memorandum of understanding) route.”
“Under the arrangement, the state would provide land and water for setting up and running the plant,” he said.
And once the entrepreneurs sign an MOU with the state government, the plants would be in place within the next four years, the official added.
Five of the proposed plants are to be set up by Hindustan Bajaj Ltd. With a capacity of 90 MW, these are to come up in Pilibhit, Lakhimpur-Kheri, Shahjahanpur, Gonda and Utraula.
Besides, Bajaj Hindustan was also given clearance to set up a 1,980 MW plant in Lalitpur, while Lanco Infratech received the nod to set up a 1,320 MW thermal power station in Fatehpur.
- Lanco achieves financial closure of Orissa power project - Sep 09, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh dumps NTPC for Bundelkhand power project - Apr 23, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh farmers protest land takeover, clash with cops - Jan 21, 2011
- Lanco Infra subsidiary gets sanction for power project debt - Oct 04, 2010
- Lanco Solar bags Rs.884.18 crore solar power project - May 26, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh has lowest per capita power consumption - Oct 01, 2009
- CSE alleges wrongdoing in solar mission, firm denies charges - Feb 01, 2012
- Lanco Infratech bags Rs.365.28 crore order in Iraq - Jun 21, 2011
- Provide Bihar coal linkage for new power plants: Sushil Modi - Dec 18, 2010
- L&T; bags orders worth Rs.1,076 crore in Q1 of 2012-13 - Jun 15, 2012
- IPCL, DPSC to invest Rs.26,450 crore in power - Jul 20, 2011
- Chhattisgarh's new 660 MW plant to start by December - Oct 09, 2010
- Railways, NTPC sign MOU for power plant in West Bengal - Oct 31, 2010
- Orissa signs deals to generate 4,800 MW power (Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- UP aims 3300 MW power generation hike in 2011 - Dec 29, 2010