UTStarcom to support BSNL’s IPTV roll-outMay 26th, 2009 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) UTStarcom, a US-based network solutions provider, Tuesday said it will support state-run telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) to roll out IPTV (Internet protocol television) services.
UTStarcom’s existing contract with the Indian firm has been extended for this purpose, the company said in a statement.
It added that under the contract, UTStarcom will deploy a solution that will connect its customers’ telephone lines to core network across India.
This will enable them to get IPTV services.
IPTV is a system where a digital television service is delivered using Internet Protocol over a network infrastructure, that is, a broadband connection.
With this, BSNL’s broadband network capacity will increase, allowing the company to offer its triple-play (IPTV, broadband and telephone) services to more subscribers at a higher speed.
“We worked closely with BSNL to successfully complete the phase I of this multi-play broadband network and are now nearing completion of the phase II,” said Vijay Yadav, vice-president and managing director of UTStarcom’s South Asia operations.
- BSNL renews US firm's contract for infrastructure expansion - Oct 20, 2008
- Market induced reduced tariff lowered BSNL, MTNL revenues: Pilot - Nov 29, 2010
- China looks at convergence of TV, Internet, phone in 2012 - Dec 27, 2011
- Bharat Sanchar launches net-based TV services in Haryana - Dec 31, 2008
- Telecom links snapped in high-security Srinagar neighbourhood - Mar 30, 2012
- Like the pizza ad? Your telly can order it too - Jun 14, 2009
- Telecom links in all Indian villages by 2014: BSNL - Mar 25, 2012
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- Airtel launches IPTV services in Delhi - Jan 19, 2009
- BSNL offers free installation to new broadband customers - Mar 29, 2010
- BSNL unveils prepaid broadband service in Bangalore - Oct 23, 2009
- Aksh Optifibre launches IPTV 'icontrol' in rural Rajasthan - Aug 28, 2008
- BSNL launches voice, video telephony services over internet - Jul 18, 2011
- State-run telecom operators turn red - Aug 17, 2011
- Tata Teleservices loses 4.4 mn subscribers in November - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: asia operations, bharat sanchar nigam, bharat sanchar nigam ltd, broadband connection, broadband network, core network, digital television service, internet protocol television, iptv, network infrastructure, network solutions provider, s south, sanchar nigam ltd, South Asia, telephone lines, telephone services, television services, triple play, using internet, utstarcom