USIBC names Mythili Sankaran to advance ties in western USMay 5th, 2009 - 12:21 pm ICT by IANS
By Arun Kumar
Washington, May 5 (IANS) The US-India Business Council (USIBC) has named Mythili Sankaran, former CEO of Telecom/Web startup, Koollage, as director of its coast operations to advance US-India commercial ties in western US.
The California office is dedicated to advancing US-India commercial ties in the western region of the US, including developing a more robust “two-way street” that enables US companies to succeed in India, and Indian companies to succeed in the US, the trade lobby announced Monday.
Coming from the business world of the Silicon Valley, Sankaran brings to USIBC a wealth of experience in IT and venture capital, it said. Earlier, Sankaran was CEO of a Telecom/Web startup, Koollage. Prior to this, Sankaran was an executive at the American India Foundation.
“The western United States has tremendous links to India and is presently under-represented by a business advocacy association of the calibre of USIBC. We are delighted to have Mythili head-up our operations in California,” said Ron Somers, president, USIBC.
“USIBC could not have made a finer choice for the position of Director, West Coast than Mythili Sankaran,” said Arun Kumar, partner - KPMG, who also serves as a member of the USIBC board of directors.
The USIBC, which seeks to deepen trade and strengthen commercial ties between the two countries, is hosted under the aegis of the US Chamber of Commerce, the world’s largest business federation representing more than three million businesses and organisations of every size, sector and region.
- Corporate America seeks reforms, says budget not game-changing - Mar 17, 2012
- US-India business conclave to boost commercial ties - Jun 20, 2011
- US-India trade group pushes for BIT - Jun 26, 2012
- US trade group sends life sciences mission to India - Jan 31, 2012
- US Ex-Im Bank director joins India-US trade body - Jul 28, 2011
- Be part of India's growth story, US business urged - Jun 24, 2011
- US investors keen to fund India's digital transformation - Dec 09, 2011
- Corporate America seeks a bold India budget - Mar 14, 2012
- US-India trade group vows to strengthen business ties - Sep 15, 2011
- India offers `win-win' opportunity, says US chamber - Feb 16, 2011
- MasterCard's Ajay Banga to head USIBC - Apr 16, 2012
- India's 'bold' retail opening will reduce prices: US body - Nov 25, 2011
- India, US launch SME forum to create jobs - Sep 22, 2010
- Anand Mahindra gets global leadership award - Jun 13, 2012
- US business pleased with Obama's approach to trade with India - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: advocacy association, aegis, arun kumar, business advocacy, business council, business federation, business world, calibre, california office, commercial ties, federation representing more than three million, india business, kpmg, representing more than three, silicon valley, telecom web, us chamber of commerce, usibc, web startup, western united states