Usha Martin net profit up 73 percentJuly 30th, 2008 - 10:47 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 30 (IANS) Speciality steel and wire rope manufacturer Usha Martin Ltd Wednesday announced a net profit of Rs.650.8 million ($15.5 million) for the first quarter of the current fiscal, compared to Rs.376.8 million over the same period last year, an increase of 73 percent. “The company has registered a good performance in the first quarter of the financial year 2008-09. For the first time we have crossed a consolidated profit before tax (PBT) of Rs.1.01 billion from Rs.552.8 million last year, with a growth of 82 percent,” Usha Martin Ltd managing director Rajeev Jhawar said after the company’s board meeting here.
He said the production of global wire rope grew by 10 percent compared to the corresponding period in 2007-08.
“The net sales of the company also rose to Rs.6.98 billion from Rs.5.04 billion, registering a growth of 39 percent,” Jhawar said.
He said the company was investing Rs.21 billion for expanding its operations.
- Usha Martin Q1 net profit down 86.5 percent - Jul 31, 2012
- Usha Martin's Q1 net profit dips 38.7 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- Usha Martin posts Rs.71.8 crore net loss in Q2 - Oct 31, 2011
- Usha Martin Q4 net dips almost 60 percent - May 10, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Usha Martin to invest Rs.1,200 crore to set up plants - May 10, 2010
- Wipro net up 18 percent in first quarter - Jul 24, 2012
- Usha Martin net falls to Rs.14.65 crore - Oct 28, 2009
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro net up by one percent in first quarter - Jul 20, 2011
- Wipro looks for growth in new geographies (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Infosys net profit up 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2011
- Srei Infra's Q3 net slips by 51.8 percent - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: 5 million, board meeting, consolidated profit, first quarter, global wire, managing director, net profit, net sales, pbt, rs 1, rs 6, s board, speciality steel, usha martin, wire rope manufacturer