Usha Martin net profit up 29 percentMay 13th, 2008 - 8:27 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, May 13 (IANS) Usha Martin Ltd, one of the leaders in the steel industry, announced Tuesday that it has posted a jump of 29 percent in net profit in the last quarter of 2007-08. The profit after tax (PAT) grew by 29 percent to Rs.505.2 million ($12.6 million) from Rs.393 million of the year-ago-period. The net sales increased from Rs.4.98 billion to Rs.6.73 billion, a rise of 35 percent.
The board of directors of Usha has recommended dividend at 100 percent on the face value of Re.1 per share.
Usha managing director Rajeev Jhawar said: “Demand for value-added steel products helped us grow.”
According to joint managing director P. Bhattacharya: “We are investing Rs.21 billion on various segments of our business.”
The company plans to increase steel-making capacity to 70,000 tonnes this fiscal and will further take it to 1 million tonnes by 2010.
- Usha Martin Q1 net profit down 86.5 percent - Jul 31, 2012
- Usha Martin's Q1 net profit dips 38.7 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- Usha Martin posts Rs.71.8 crore net loss in Q2 - Oct 31, 2011
- Usha Martin net falls to Rs.14.65 crore - Oct 28, 2009
- Tata Steel to bring European-made products to India - Jul 26, 2012
- Usha Martin to invest Rs.1,200 crore to set up plants - May 10, 2010
- POSCO's operating profit drops in Q1 - Apr 20, 2012
- Tata Steel hopes to save Rs.100 using Dhamra port - Jan 18, 2011
- Tube Investments logs 37 percent net profit growth - Apr 30, 2012
- Tata Steel Q4 net slips about 90 percent - May 18, 2012
- SAIL pays government Rs.425.36 crore interim dividend (With Image) - Apr 03, 2012
- Union Bank of India quarterly net profit up - May 09, 2012
- Wipro declares 200 percent final dividend for FY 2011 - Apr 27, 2011
- Usha Martin consolidated net up nearly 6 percent - May 12, 2009
- MindTree net dips 43 percent yearly, recovers sequentially - Jan 18, 2011