US to focus on business abroad - like India, ChinaFebruary 22nd, 2012 - 12:59 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Feb 22 (IANS) Suggesting that rising powers like India, China and Brazil were putting economics at the centre of their foreign policies, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton advocates Economic Statecraft to champion US businesses abroad.”America’s economic strength and our global leadership are a package deal. You’re not going to have one without the other,” she said in a keynote at a State Department Global Business Conference here Tuesday.
“Rising powers like China, India, and Brazil understand this as well, and we can’t sit on the sidelines while they put economics at the centre of their foreign policies,” Clinton said.
“We fundamentally believe that increasing trade and growing prosperity will benefit not just our own people, but people everywhere,” she said.
“Our economies are interdependent as never before, and so are our fates. America’s economic renewal depends to a large degree on the strength of the global economy, and the global economy depends on the strength of America,” Clinton said.
Meanwhile, US Commerce Secretary, John Bryson, plans to lead an infrastructure focused trade mission to India next month.
“I will personally be leading an infrastructure-focused mission to India next month,” Bryson said at the conference.
Bryson would be traveling to New Delhi, Jaipur and Mumbai, with the aim of cornering a larger share of the estimated $1 trillion investment that India is seeking in the infrastructure sector.
The US is fundamentally different from every other advanced economy, he said. “We’re startup people. We break the norms. We’re innovators. We’re willing to take chances on new ideas,” he said.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at email@example.com)
- India will restore investor confidence, Krishna tells US - Jun 13, 2012
- US eyes infrastructure spending in India, emerging economies - Sep 21, 2012
- India shall overcome, Krishna tells US business (Lead)Indian - Jun 13, 2012
- US trade mission to explore business, lure Indian investment - Mar 21, 2012
- US to intensify exports to India, China - Dec 16, 2011
- India has vast win-win commercial potential, says US - Apr 13, 2012
- US firms keen to invest in India's infrastructure projects - Mar 27, 2012
- 'US counts on the rise of India as a global power' - Sep 29, 2011
- India, China growth good for world economy: US - Sep 20, 2011
- High tariffs will harm India-US business ties: US commerce secretary - Mar 26, 2012
- Aid to India not linked to contracts: Britain - Feb 14, 2012
- US seeks greater state and city engagement with India - Jun 22, 2012
- US defends rant against outsourcing jobs to India - Jul 28, 2012
- India, US education partnership to meet challenges ahead - Oct 13, 2011
- Reform visa process to attract Indian, Chinese tourists: US travel body - May 14, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,