US Senate Approves $15 Billion Job BillFebruary 25th, 2010 - 9:01 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Washington, Feb 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) United State Senate has been voted for a $15 billion jobs bill. The very move seeks support from five Republicans joining the majority of Democrats giving a hand up to the Obama Administration. Prior to this, the Senate house has voted 62-30 leaving behind the take on USD15 billion bill.
As expected, the jobs bill thus issued holds a range of tax credits and associated highway funds which aims at creating job opportunities. Not to mention that the jobs bill is highly critical for all Democrats thus projecting high unemployment status, this is just round 9.7 per cent. On the other hand, while the five Republicans falling with 57 Democrats supporting the jobs bill was led by Senator Scott Brown. He summarily rejects the bill being an imperfect one owing to taxatation issues levied on that. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s latest job bill keeps an eye on several popular privileges that are being bestowed upon to create employment opportunities at large. Quite evidently the jobs bill would also take care of any renewal highway programs. It would also stand as a major aid in backing and financing all local and state government projects.
Harry Reid reinforced the pared-back plan after the Senate Democrats threw in a broader bill all stuffed with provisions that unrelated and are sought after by certain business groups and doctors. The suspense came to an end with blowing apart the agreement that involved prominent Republicans like Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who has previously worked with the Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, in generating a bill that holds some extra provisions.
- US Senate jobs bill passes key procedural hurdle - Feb 23, 2010
- White House threatens veto as Republican House defies Obama - Dec 14, 2011
- Controversial Health Care Bill nears its vote - Oct 13, 2009
- US lawmakers offer stimulus deal amid jobs pessimism - Feb 12, 2010
- Senate Finance Committee clears Healthcare overhaul bill - Oct 14, 2009
- Republican Scott Brown Votes In Favor Of Democrats' Jobs Bill - Feb 23, 2010
- Obama poised for major victory on healthcare reforms - Dec 24, 2009
- Senate passes Tax Cut Bill - Dec 24, 2011
- Senate committee approves US health reform bill - Oct 14, 2009
- US senate panel rejects public health insurance option - Sep 30, 2009
- Obama makes history as Senate passes healthcare bill (Lead) - Dec 24, 2009
- Republicans cave in, hand Obama big victory - Dec 23, 2011
- Boehner & Reid working on debt plans - Jul 26, 2011
- US government shutdown averted with last minute deal - Apr 09, 2011
- Can America fix its immigration system? (Washington Newsletter) - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,