US-led coalition cant win terror war without Pak helpOctober 13th, 2008 - 11:58 am ICT by ANI
Multan , Oct 13 (ANI): Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said that the US and its allies cannot win the war on terror without Pakistan s help. He stressed on the need for a coordinated effort and a joint strategy to curb terrorism.
Vowing to protect his countrys sovereignty and security, he said the PPP-led government had inherited terrorism and was making efforts to wipe out the menace and restore peace in the country.
He said the federal government wanted to evolve a consensus on all major national issues and parliamentarians were being given an in-camera briefing for this purpose.
It is for the first time that senior army officials have given a detailed briefing to parliamentarians on the countrys participation in the war against terrorism, the Daily Times quoted him as saying while talking to reporters at the Multan Airport .
About the construction of the Baghliar Dam in Kashmir , Quereshi said that they had discussed the matter with the Indian government, which had assured them that it would honour the Indus Water Treaty.
He said trade across the Line of Control (LoC) between IHK and Azad Jammu and Kashmir was a big achievement of the government, and that it would help improve economic conditions of the Kashmiris. (ANI)
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Arbitration team visits Kashmir power project site - Jun 18, 2011
- Pak ups the ante by linking resolution of Kashmir issue to success in US-led war on terror - Sep 25, 2010
- 'LoC route being misused by big India, Pakistani traders' - Oct 21, 2010
- Army's Northern Command observes Raising Day - Jun 17, 2010
- First joint trade chamber for divided Kashmir chooses chief - Feb 09, 2012
- Pak back to singing K-issue settlement through UN resolution tune - May 04, 2010
- Indian, Pakistani parliamentarians push for easing visa regime - Aug 19, 2011
- Indian army chief visits J&K; - Jun 15, 2012
- No effort to be spared for Kashmir cause: Gilani - Oct 18, 2011
- Promising 'new era', India, Pakistan unveil cross-Kashmir links (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- Army chief reviews Jammu security - Mar 16, 2012
- India, Pakistan to fight terror in 'new era' of ties (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- The Simla accord -- 40 years later - Jul 01, 2012
- Pak will launch NWA operation at own discretion, not under external pressure: Qureshi - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: allies, army officials, azad jammu, baghliar dam, consensus, economic conditions, foreign minister, honour, indian government, indus water treaty, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, loc, mehmood, parliamentarians, peace in the country, qureshi, sovereignty, war against terrorism, war on terror