US, Indian agencies to exchange technologyFebruary 8th, 2011 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 8 (IANS) The United States Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) and US-India Energy Cooperation programme (ECP) have agreed to undertake technology exchange projects in a bid to strengthen bilateral trade and economic relations, it was announced here Tuesday. A delegation from the USTDA accompanying US Commerce Secretary Gary Locke Tuesday met senior officials of Indian agencies to discuss the possibility of technology exchange.
A number of areas in clean energy and energy efficiency sectors such as solar and renewable energy, unconventional gas, biomass and wind were identified where industry specific pilot projects or technology exchange projects could be undertaken by the energy cooperation programme, according to a statement released here.
“Government engagement and USTDA funding can be sought for driving the projects endorsed by the ECP.”
“The ECP in China proved to be a successful model and as a starting step. The ECP India could possibly look at following a similar working group model,” said USTDA Director Lee Zak.
The energy cooperation programme provides a forum for unified communication between the government of India and US public and private sector entities to support the acceleration of clean and sustainable energy initiatives.
The programme was launched during US President Barack Obama’s visit to India in November 2010.
More than $10 billion in business deals between US companies and Indian private sector and government entities, supporting 50,000 American jobs, were signed during the Obama visit.
Locke is leading a technology trade mission from the US to promote the export of technologies in sectors such as civil nuclear energy, aviation and defence to India.
- US developing cold storage facilities in India - Jul 19, 2011
- US to fund feasibility studies in India's energy sector - Jul 19, 2011
- India, US enhance bilateral ties through six pacts - Nov 08, 2010
- US, India sign aviation safety pact - Nov 17, 2011
- White House issues fact sheets on Obama's India visit - Nov 09, 2010
- US sends high tech trade mission to India - Feb 03, 2011
- US high-tech team to promote trade with India - Feb 07, 2011
- US urges India to open up solar energy market - Nov 09, 2011
- US-India CEO forum suggest $1 bn clean energy fund - Nov 08, 2010
- CESC to sign agreement with US trade and development agency - Mar 23, 2012
- Cooperation needed for sustainable development: US - Jul 18, 2011
- US team in India to discuss nuclear cooperation (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Locke terms US trade mission 'resounding success' - Feb 11, 2011
- CII lauds US export control reforms in defence, space sectors - Jan 28, 2011
- Highlights from Obama-Singh press conference - Nov 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,