US-India trade group vows to strengthen business tiesSeptember 15th, 2011 - 11:22 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Sep 15 (IANS) Noting that ties between US and Indian business ties have never been stronger, a leading US-India trade group has vowed support to expanding them further.
“The private sector has always led the way in bringing the US and India closer together,” US-India Business Council (USIBC) President Ron Somers said at a function Wednesday to welcome the new Indian Ambassador to US, Nirupama Rao.
Close to 400 USIBC member-companies are constantly perfecting new business models with Indian counterparts to bolster investment and technology ties, he said and the trade group looks forward to accelerating this exciting partnership.
At an interaction chaired by USIBC Board Member Secretary William S. Cohen, the group office bearers highlighted key goals for the business community for the year ahead, including deepening strategic trade in defence and security with India.
They also suggested “growing” agriculture and developing models to improve global food security, collaborating more deeply in education at all levels, and expanding trade and investment ties by working towards a Bilateral Investment Treaty and an Economic Cooperation Arrangement between the world’s two largest free-market democracies.
Rao, in turn, indicated her enthusiasm for the progress that bilateral relations have already made and committed to working with USIBC member-companies to accelerate and enhance trade and investment opportunities across all business sectors, USIBC said.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- US-India trade group pushes for BIT - Jun 26, 2012
- India offers vast opportunities to US business: Envoy - Sep 17, 2011
- US trade group sends life sciences mission to India - Jan 31, 2012
- Corporate America seeks reforms, says budget not game-changing - Mar 17, 2012
- MasterCard's Ajay Banga to head USIBC - Apr 16, 2012
- US investors keen to fund India's digital transformation - Dec 09, 2011
- Corporate America seeks a bold India budget - Mar 14, 2012
- India's 'bold' retail opening will reduce prices: US body - Nov 25, 2011
- Anand Mahindra gets global leadership award - Jun 13, 2012
- Be part of India's growth story, US business urged - Jun 24, 2011
- US trade chamber seeks India's retail opening - Feb 18, 2011
- US India trade group seeks investment treaty - Sep 22, 2011
- India offers `win-win' opportunity, says US chamber - Feb 16, 2011
- Obama visit to highlight trade ties: US group - Oct 06, 2010
- US-India trade promotion body launches education initiative - Jun 03, 2010
Tags: arun kumar, bilateral investment treaty, business sectors, business ties, cooperation arrangement, economic cooperation, global food security, group office, india business, india trade, indian ambassador, indian business, indian counterparts, investment ties, key goals, member secretary, president ron, secretary william, usibc, william s cohen