US companies operating in India awardedFebruary 8th, 2011 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 8 (IANS) US Commerce Secretary Gary Locke Tuesday awarded certificates of appreciation to American companies operating in India for supporting President Barack Obama’s National Export Initiative. The special certificates and citations were awarded in a conference held here to Lockheed Martin, Boeing Corporation, General Electric and the American Chamber of Commerce in India (Amcham).
Meanwhile, Amcham, which is the exclusive association of American companies operating in India, briefed the official delegation of the commerce secretary on wide ranging issues of concern to American companies.
“The discussion centred around defence equipment, homeland security, energy production and distribution, infrastructure, manufacturing, information and communication technology and civil aviation,” Amcham said in a statement.
The delegation also discussed issues relating to tariff and non-tariff barriers, restrictions on foreign direct investment and improving the protection of intellectual property rights of high technology companies.
Locke is leading a high-end technology trade mission from the US to promote the export of technologies in sectors such as civil nuclear energy, aviation and defence to the largest economy in south Asia.
- US high-tech team to promote trade with India - Feb 07, 2011
- Do away with trade barriers: US commerce secretary - Feb 07, 2011
- Top US firms embark on sales mission to India - Jan 14, 2011
- US eyes sale of fighter jets, high tech items to India - Feb 04, 2011
- US sends high tech trade mission to India - Feb 03, 2011
- Lifting FDI curbs will help India trigger fund inflows: Locke - Feb 11, 2011
- US commerce secretary scouts for business opportunities - Feb 10, 2011
- US bats for its fighter aircraft makers - Jan 12, 2011
- US, Indian agencies to exchange technology - Feb 08, 2011
- Obama's 'embrace' of India led to leap in economic ties : US - Jan 15, 2011
- US to send high-tech trade mission to India - Nov 06, 2010
- US removes ISRO, DRDO from export control list - Jan 25, 2011
- India, US plan several high-level visits ahead of April dialogue - Feb 02, 2011
- CII lauds US export control reforms in defence, space sectors - Jan 28, 2011
- 'India, US aviation cooperation to grow' - Jul 19, 2011
Tags: amcham, american chamber of commerce, barack obama, boeing corporation, certificates of appreciation, civil aviation, defence equipment, distribution infrastructure, export initiative, foreign direct investment, gary locke, high technology companies, information and communication technology, intellectual property rights, lockheed martin, national export, protection of intellectual property rights, special certificates, tariff barriers, us commerce secretary