US Airways In Deliberations To Buy United AirlinesApril 8th, 2010 - 6:51 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
April 8, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): US Airways and UAL Corp’s United Airlines are intensely involved in negotiations for the purpose of amalgamation. This information had been mentioned by the New York Times on Wednesday. Such an agreement would generate one of the biggest airlines of the planet.
Any such transaction is not likely to be enunciated for at least numerous weeks. It is important to bear in mind that the likelihood of a transaction could also disintegrate and dissolve in the coming weeks. This data has been divulged by the New York Times that has invoked the individuals who are conversant with the matter.
A message that had been positioned on the website of the above mentioned broadsheet had declared that the US Airways would be the entity that would buy United . Nonetheless, it would be prudent to mention that an associated report in the same broadsheet did not make any such suggestion.
The shares of both the airlines did experience an augmentation some time after the news broke. Along with these shares, the shares of the other airlines also underwent growth.
In the month of February, the directors at both the airlines had vocalized that they would analyze the possibility of an amalgamation or a merger with open-mindedness. The administrators had remarked that the airline business was in need of consolidation and strengthening to make a return to productivity.
- Merger Of UAL And Continental To Constitute The Earth's Largest Airline - May 04, 2010
- UAL, Continental merger clearance makes it world's largest airline - Sep 18, 2010
- New merger regulations welcome but don't fulfill all needs: CII - May 22, 2011
- Qatar Airways backs FDI in aviation - Nov 23, 2011
- Suzuki Powertrain to merge with Maruti Suzuki - Jun 12, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra merger likely in 8-9 months - Apr 24, 2012
- Kinetic Engineering and Kinetic Motor to merge - Dec 09, 2011
- Non-life insurers' merger norms discriminatory: Experts - Jun 12, 2011
- NASA Asserts That The Reports Of The Evidence Of Life On Mars Are Definitely Incorrect - May 01, 2010
- United, Continental merger to form world's biggest airline (Lead, Changing dateline) - May 03, 2010
- With Maharaja a pauper, is it time to sell Air India? - May 08, 2011
- Brazilian, Chilean airlines announce plans to merge - Aug 14, 2010
- Maruti to focus on diesel cars (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Traffic Jam Stretches 60 Miles In China And Lasts For A 9-Day Period - Aug 24, 2010
- Hindu boy converts to Islam on TV in Pakistan - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: airline business, amalgamation, augmentation, broadsheet, consolidation, conversant, deliberations, likelihood, men at work, merger, negotiations, new york times, open mindedness, pen men, productivity, suggestion, ual corp, united airlines, us airways