Urban renewal mission’s allocation to riseJuly 3rd, 2012 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 3 (IANS) The Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission’s allocation will be hiked to 0.25 percent of the gross domestic product, Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath said at a summit in Singapore.
“The next phase of Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission is likely to have an enhanced allocation to the tune of 0.25 percent of GDP amounting to $38 billion. Innovative models of financing including PPP (public private partnership) land monetisation and stress on urban governance and other reform measures would be integral to the next phase,” he said.
Kaml Nath was speaking at the joint plenary session of the Singapore International Water Week-World Cities Summit-Clean Enviro Summit Monday.
He said there was a need for more efficient use of land resources and urban planning needed to focus on sub-urbanisation.
“It is important that suburbs of major urban centres are well-planned and linked with efficient and fast transportation networks to ensure dispersal of population and economic activities,” he said.
- Three-fold rise in urban renewal funds likely: Kamal Nath - Feb 06, 2012
- 548 projects sanctioned under urban renewal mission - Mar 13, 2012
- MPs to have greater say in JNNURM implementation: Kamal Nath - Feb 15, 2011
- Nod for rapid transit system in three NCR corridors - Nov 06, 2011
- Government to launch the second JNNURM soon: Nath - Sep 07, 2011
- Single smart card for different modes of transport launched - Dec 06, 2011
- JNNURM phase II from next year, third party to audit funds - May 06, 2010
- More efforts needed to make India slum-free: Selja - May 09, 2012
- Delhi government allots flats to 500 slum dwellers - Jul 18, 2012
- Urban renewal mission to be reviewed - Feb 23, 2011
- PM mulls Rs.1,000 crore corpus for housing poor - Dec 13, 2011
- Urban development ministry gets 12 percent hike - Mar 16, 2012
- 6,000 slum dwellers will have roofs: Dikshit - Jun 22, 2011
- Urban renewal mission to cover 28 more cities - Jun 16, 2010
- Property owners demand reforms in archaic rent act - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: development minister, dispersal, economic activities, efficient use, gross domestic product, international water, jawaharlal nehru, kamal nath, land resources, plenary session, public private partnership, reform measures, singapore international, transportation networks, urban centres, urban governance, urban planning, urban renewal, urbanisation, world cities