UPA has neglected agriculture: GadkariMay 13th, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 13 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party president Nitin Gadkari Thursday said the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government has neglected agriculture and failed to manage the foodgrain situation in the country.
“UPA government has totally neglected the agriculture sector and farmers’ interests. They are following the practice of future forward trading and out of this MNCs, corporates, speculators and manipulators have pocketed Rs.445,000 crore,” alleged Gadkari.
Releasing the second set of 14 questions to prime minister Manmohan Singh here, he said foodgrains worth Rs.58,000 crore were wasted annually because of poor storage facilities.
Gadkari also said he had not got any reply so far from the prime minister or from the Congress party to his first set of 14 questions.
“I think that they must be finding some hindrance in replying. Therefore, they have not replied to any of the questions till date,” said Gadkari, addressing a meet-the-press programme.
In the new set of questions, Gadkari has sought details about various issues like food grains mismanagement, statistics regarding national wastage and what the government is doing to augment storage capacity in the coming years.
- BJP attacks UPA over fertilizer prices - Aug 20, 2012
- India to raise grain storage capacity 25 percent to curb rotting - Sep 23, 2010
- Congress cause of country's woes: Gadkari - Mar 27, 2011
- FCI asked to create 15 MT additional storage capacity - Sep 16, 2011
- Rethink food security bill: Pawar - Oct 19, 2011
- Centre, states to discuss food bill (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- India's biggest grain warehouse in Punjab soon - Dec 10, 2011
- Government reviews food security bill - Feb 29, 2012
- BJP presents memorandum to president over price rise - Jul 29, 2010
- Cabinet clears pathbreaking food bill (Roundup) - Dec 19, 2011
- Punjab gets Borlaug institute of agriculture - Oct 02, 2011
- Record 250 mn tonnes food grain production in 2012-13: PM - Feb 15, 2012
- 'No action by centre to probe foodgrain rotting in godowns' - Aug 13, 2010
- Main provisions of food bill (To go with 'Will food bill force government to eat humble pie') - Dec 18, 2011
- Cold storage, fertiliser classification as agri-infrastructure welcomed - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: agriculture sector, bharatiya janata party, congress party, food grains, hindrance, janata party president, manipulators, manmohan, manmohan singh, meet the press, nitin, poor storage, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, speculators, storage capacity, storage facilities, wastage, worth rs