UP wants better railway platformsSeptember 21st, 2012 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 21 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh is seeking better and improved railway platforms in the state.
The state government Friday said it would ask the railway ministry to improve the condition of platforms.
This was needed for the safe off loading of chemical fertlizers, an official said.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the agriculture department, where a review of the availability of chemical fertilizer in the state was done.
Officials feel that bad and shed-less platforms at major as well as important but medium size railway stations, poor link roads to platforms and absence of lighting at off-loading sites create major problems.
- Six wagons of coal-laden goods train derail in UP - Jun 20, 2012
- Greenpeace "Living Soils" campaign calls to save soils from harmful chemical fertilizers - Aug 03, 2010
- Pawar to inaugurate agriculture ministers' conference in Jaipur - Oct 19, 2010
- States alerted against smuggling of fertilizers - Aug 06, 2010
- Ban sale of agricultural land to non-farmers: Goa panel - Sep 09, 2011
- Boost for fertilizer transportation in Himachal - Jul 10, 2010
- Bill Gates-Akhilesh to sign MoU on health - May 30, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh blames centre for bad roads - Aug 26, 2011
- History and logic favour Uttar Pradesh's division (Comment) - Dec 07, 2011
- Powers crisis turns into law-and-order scare for UP government - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , ,