UP to pilot national single window for investorsJune 7th, 2012 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 7 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Thursday agreed to be a pilot state in an eBiz (e-governance) project of the central government which aims at providing single-window clearance to prospective investors.
The eBiz project is one of the 27 Mission Mode Projects under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) being executed by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) of the union Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The central ministry officials made a presentation in this regard before Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani here.
Usmani directed the officials concerned to ensure speedy integration of the related state departments with this project. “In every process there is natural inertia and inertia due to human intervention. We have to root it out and ensure rigorous monitoring of processes involved,” he added.
The chief secretary directed constitution of a ‘Programme Management Committee’, headed by infrastructure and industrial development commissioner for time-bound implementation of this project.
The chief secretary also directed setting up of an eBiz-cell at Udyog Bandhu (Department of Infrastructure and Industrial Development, Uttar Pradesh) for transaction and communication purposes in this regard along with signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at appropriate level for granting in principle approval.
The eBiz is a transformational project taking e-governance beyond online transactions to a transformation in the approach of the government in delivering services to investors and business throughout the business life cycle.
Starting right from registration to exit procedures will be at the click of a mouse on a single portal, when all departments concerned are integrated through National e-governance Service Delivery Gateway (NSDG).
According to joint secretary in DIPP, Talleen Kumar, the aim is to shift from department-centric to investor/customer-centric approach. The objective of this project is to provide one-stop-shop to the entrepreneurs for securing all approvals, clearances and no objection certificates (NOCs) with almost nil human/physical interface, allowing them to make all requisite payments in one go.
- UP sets 15-day deadline to clear files of investors - Jun 15, 2012
- Apex committee on National E-Governance Plan to meet today - Jul 16, 2010
- UP mulls Rapid Transit System from Delhi to Meerut - May 10, 2012
- Passport officers' meet to kick off Tuesday - Nov 27, 2011
- Kerala to launch e-governance project Friday - Dec 14, 2010
- UP plans big push for tourism in Taj city - May 03, 2012
- TCS bags Karnataka data centre project - Sep 27, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh initiates work on freight corridor - Jun 02, 2012
- Panel formed on Lucknow bus transit system - Jun 19, 2012
- Telecom facilities to be raised in northeast to spur growth - Jun 18, 2012
- Now Delhi to spread information through SMS - Jul 23, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh to give foodgrain via biometric cards - Jul 05, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh to get highway network soon - Jul 09, 2012
- UP to launch state portal for citizen welfare - Jul 19, 2012
- India to have national intellectual property rights strategy - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: business life cycle, centric approach, chief secretary, communication purposes, department of infrastructure, development commissioner, dipp, e governance, ebiz, exit procedures, governance plan, governance project, memorandum of understanding, ministry of commerce, ministry officials, mission mode, programme management committee, prospective investors, single portal, union ministry