UP to develop districts adjoining Nepal borderJuly 20th, 2012 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 20 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Friday assured a visiting Nepalese delegation that his government would develop infrastructure in bordering districts on a priority basis.
The chief minister was interacting with the visiting delegation of the Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FNCCI) led by FNCCI vice-president Bhawani Rana. He assured them that for issues like the laying of a railway line, power and customs, he would soon write to the union government.
Saying that ties between India and Nepal went back to ancient times, Akhilesh Yadav said the problems of importing herbals from Nepal to India and the laying of a road running from Doodhibadi in Nepal till Gorakhpur in India, passing through the border district of Maharajganj, as raised by the Nepalese delegation, would be taken up on priority.
Akhilesh Yadav also said that till the work on the proposed roads was not taken up, repairs of the existing roads would be taken up quickly so that movement of goods and people was not hindered.
Keeping in mind the development of tourism, the chief minister apprised the visiting delegation about work on an international airport at Kushinagar based on the public-private partnership (PPP) model.
All formalities have been completed on the project, Yadav said and added that once the airport came up, economic development in the area would ensure that tourism in both Uttar Pradesh and Nepal got a major boost.
On law and order in the neighbouring districts of Nepal, Akhilesh Yadav said Uttar Pradesh Police officials would be instructed to hold regular meetings with their Nepalese counterparts.
He also pointed out that the sudden release of water from the rivers in Nepal often caused havoc in Uttar Pradesh and the state government would request the central government to work out power generation projects like those in Bhutan.
- Akhilesh promises action on Agra projects, power complaints - Sep 10, 2012
- Akhilesh promises a new Agra - Jun 19, 2012
- Japanese offer to develop Uttar Pradesh infrastructure - Jul 05, 2012
- Elections 2012: UP poll battle begins Wednesday - Feb 06, 2012
- Ajit Singh proposes an airport at Mathura - Jun 11, 2012
- Akhilesh wants to bring Lucknow, Delhi closer - Mar 21, 2012
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Agra may soon get international air terminal - Jun 09, 2012
- Agra may soon get international air terminal (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects - Apr 14, 2012
- Dimple collects victory certificate, thanks voters - Jun 12, 2012
- Taj city upset over losing airport - May 09, 2012
- CII offers to push Nepal's economic development - Apr 06, 2012
- UP cane farmers team to visit Australia, Fiji and Mauritus - Jun 28, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh plans development of areas bordering Nepal - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: akhilesh yadav, central government, chief minister, counterparts, delegation, formalities, gorakhpur, havoc, herbals, kushinagar, law and order, lucknow, neighbouring districts, nepalese, police officials, power generation projects, priority basis, public private partnership, railway line, union government