UP to ask NID to design packs for milk productsMarch 27th, 2012 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 27 (IANS) Packaged milk and other dairy products of Parag - Uttar Pradesh’s flagship milk brand - would soon be available in stylish packs designed by the Ahmedabad-based National Institute of Design (NID).
The state government Tuesday asked the milk development and dairy department to “re-orient” its marketing and development strategies and get all milk products of Parag, the brand of the Pradeshik Cooperative Dairy Federation (PCDF), packaged in style by NID.
The directions were given by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav at a high-level meeting here. He also asked the officials concerned to work out the financial details for setting up a modern dairy plant in Lucknow which would handle 5 lakh litres of milk every day.
He said the Samajwadi Party (SP) government would make all efforts to make the dairy sector a small scale industry.
The chief minister also asked Agriculture Production Commissioner (APC) Alok Ranjan to tailor make a marketing strategy for the PCDF and to devise mechanisms to make it more effective, and ensure wider publicity of Parag products that include butter milk, butter, cottage cheese, milk, curd, kheer and ghee.
He also directed officials to set up Parag outlets at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow and other educational institutions.
- UP plans to set up milk plant in Lucknow - Aug 08, 2012
- Rajasthan dairy official suspended - May 25, 2012
- Shimla to go without milk from Friday - Jul 07, 2011
- Seven child labourers rescued from Rajasthan milk plant - May 25, 2012
- Shimla goes without packaged milk - May 20, 2011
- Mobile booths outside schools to offer healthy milk products - Dec 23, 2009
- Milkfed lacks money to fight patent battle with NRI firm - Nov 07, 2010
- Four new NIDs to come up (With Images) - Dec 12, 2011
- Private firm not allowed to use 'Mother Dairy' brand name - Sep 07, 2010
- In 50th year,NID plans inclusive, green design modules - Jun 25, 2010
- DS Group acquires dairy plant in Rajasthan - May 02, 2012
- Government offers assistance to Delhi Milk Scheme - May 02, 2012
- Maharashtra welcomes lifting of ban on milk powder exports - Jun 02, 2012
- Tirumala Diary to set up India's largest diary plant - Dec 14, 2011
- NID wins global sustainable auto-design contest - Oct 05, 2011
Tags: agriculture production, butter milk, cheese milk, chief minister, cottage cheese, dairy department, dairy federation, dairy plant, dairy sector, educational institutions, financial details, iim lucknow, indian institute of management, institute of management, kheer, lakh litres, milk products, national institute of design, ranjan, Samajwadi Party