UP sets 15-day deadline to clear files of investorsJune 15th, 2012 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 15 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government Friday warned officials to clear within a fortnight applications pending under the Nivesh Mitra scheme, a web-based single-window clearance system to facilitate investment in the state, or face strict action.
Over 1,500 applications are overdue according to the deadline specified under Nivesh Mitra, which covers 45 districts and 12 government departments and offers facilities like online submission of as many as 35 application forms, status monitoring and online payment of fees by investors.
The warning came from Industrial and Investment Development Commissioner (IIDC) Anil Kumar Gupta, who said that “strict action” would be taken against officials if they failed to clear applications in 15 days, as the chief secretary would himself review the approval process required to set up business in the state.
Gupta also directed the Nivesh Mitra nodal officers to study the possibilities of minimising the number of forms required to be submitted by entrepreneurs for starting new industrial units and expanding existing ones.
He told the departments concerned to come up with a short list of forms in a week’s time.
“The state government is keen to improve the ease of doing business in Uttar Pradesh. Hence, it is imperative to simplify procedures to that end,” Gupta said.
The Industrial and Investment Development Commissioner added that the state government was actively working on the central government’s eBiz Mission Mode Project to give a one-stop shop single-window clearance system to improve the investment scenario in the state.
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh expands industry scheme - Dec 08, 2011
- Gas distribution networks to be set up in Uttar Pradesh - May 22, 2012
- Bengal to monitor investment proposals in a better manner - Oct 15, 2011
- Karnataka unveils new policies to boost ICT, hardware - Jun 20, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh initiates work on freight corridor - Jun 02, 2012
- UP invites investment for Lucknow IT park - Jun 14, 2012
- UP to expedite implementation of new industrial policy - Sep 21, 2012
- Dream of affordable homes gathers dust in Maharashtra - Apr 25, 2012
- UP to develop hi-tech industrial township in Bulandshahr - Sep 07, 2012
- Chandy invites India Inc to invest in Kerala - May 14, 2012
- UP announces new industrial policy - Sep 04, 2012
- Kerala woos prospective investors from Karnataka - Jul 20, 2012
- UP plans cricket academy, stadium in Lucknow - Jun 29, 2012
- Kerala promises single window clearance to lure investors - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: anil kumar, application forms, central government, chief secretary, clearance system, development commissioner, doing business, ebiz, fortnight, government departments, gupta, iidc, investment development, investment scenario, mission mode, nodal officers, possibilities, state government, strict action, uttar pradesh government