UP plans to set up milk plant in LucknowAugust 8th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 8 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government Wednesday sought a detailed report from the state dairy federation for setting up a five lakh litres a day milk plant in Lucknow.
The Pradeshik Cooperative Dairy Federation (PCDF) was asked to submit its report by Sep 30.
At a meeting, Agricultural Production Commissioner Alok Ranjan said that the PCDF should try to fully focus on integrating and developing milk producers farmers and extending optimum benefits to milk consumers directly.
Directives have also been issued to the PCDF and the cattle development department to focus on upgrading and rearing of high yield milk producing cows and buffaloes.
- UP to ask NID to design packs for milk products - Mar 27, 2012
- Indian ban to hit Pashupatinath's festival in Nepal - Feb 20, 2011
- Haryana to set up 200 hi-tech mini-dairies - Jul 02, 2012
- Punjab imports cattle semen to improve milch breeds - Apr 27, 2012
- Punjab-Israel to tie-up for dairy farming - Jun 05, 2012
- Taj city goes without milk - Mar 23, 2012
- India dairy seeks more state investment to stay on top - Feb 16, 2010
- Hill cow's milk can prevent heart disease? - Jan 22, 2012
- GM cows produce 'human' breast milk - Apr 03, 2011
- Maharashtra welcomes lifting of ban on milk powder exports - Jun 02, 2012
- Now, genetically modified cows that produce 'human' breast milk! - Apr 03, 2011
- Hare Krishna sect cows' 'ahimsa' milk amidst mantras is UK's costliest! - Nov 06, 2010
- Animal welfare panel concerned over mega dairy project - Aug 12, 2011
- China cows produce milk like human breast milk - Jun 16, 2011
- DS Group acquires dairy plant in Rajasthan - May 02, 2012
Tags: agricultural production, alok, buffaloes, cattle, consumers, cows, dairy federation, farmers, lakh litres, lucknow, milk plant, milk producers, optimum benefits, pcdf, ranjan, state dairy, uttar pradesh government