UP cane farmers team to visit Australia, Fiji and MauritusJune 28th, 2012 - 1:22 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 27 (IANS) A 25-member delegation of farmers from Uttar Pradesh would soon be visiting countries like Australia, Fiji and Mauritius to study the use of advanced technology to better sugar cane harvest, it was announced Wednesday.
The directives were issued to officials by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav when a delegation of sugar cane growers met him here.
Asking officials to ensure that modern technology was intergrated in various projects being undertaken to enhance sugar cane production, Akhilesh Yadav directed them to send a farmer delegation to foreign countries so that they can be educated and informed of the new techniques.
The chief minister also directed officials to clear the dues of cane farmers on priority for the crushing season of 2011-12 and to comply with the orders of the Supreme Court on the matter.
He also warned officials that any laxity on this front would not be tolerated.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- UP blacklists 14 firms supplying sub-standard transformers - Jun 27, 2012
- Mulayam to take up 'anti-Islam' comments on Facebook with PM - Jul 11, 2012
- No compromise on law and order in UP, asserts Akhilesh - May 18, 2012
- Agra inner ring road project to be restarted - Aug 29, 2012
- UP to withdraw cases slapped against farmers - Aug 22, 2012
- Japanese offer to develop Uttar Pradesh infrastructure - Jul 05, 2012
- UP to develop districts adjoining Nepal border - Jul 20, 2012
- Akhilesh withdraws Rs.20 lakh largesse for legislators - Jul 04, 2012
- Akhilesh stakes claim to form government - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh assumes charge, shunts out Mayawati loyalists - Mar 15, 2012
- UP to provide broadband service to all panchayats - Jul 31, 2012
- UP government releases vision document for development - May 17, 2012
- Sugarcane pricing row: Rahul Gandhi meets PM - Nov 19, 2009
- Villagers demand toll tax waiver at Yamuna Expressway - Aug 16, 2012
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: advanced technology, asian news, cane farmers, chief minister, fiji, foreign countries, indo, june 27, laxity, lucknow, mauritius, mauritus, member delegation, modern technology, news service, sugar cane growers, sugar cane harvest, sugar cane production, vd, yadav