UP blacklists 14 firms supplying sub-standard transformersJune 27th, 2012 - 12:17 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 26 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) Tuesday black-listed 14 companies supplying electrical equipment on the directions of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who took a serious view of instances of transformers going defunct within days of installation.
The chief minister also asked UPPCL to take punitive action against officials who testify for these companies. Following the directive, UPPCL chairman-cum-managing director Avanish Awasthi suspended two powermen.
While reviewing the use of advanced technology in the power sector, the chief minister also instructed officials to explore possibilities of installation of metres in feeders through which consumers get actual information on power supply.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- Pay more for more power in Noida and Ghaziabad - Jun 19, 2012
- Powers crisis turns into law-and-order scare for UP government - Jul 24, 2012
- Power woes in UP set to disturb Akhilesh honeymoon (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - May 25, 2012
- UP gives grace period for power MoUs inked by Mayawati - Jun 07, 2012
- UP power corporation to open 168 online billing centres - Jun 07, 2012
- 12 IAS transferred in UP - Mar 27, 2012
- 24x7 power for Akhilesh, Mulayam's constituencies - Mar 22, 2012
- Power woes: Sonia's whisper stronger than SC order - Sep 02, 2012
- UP transformer producers threaten to stop supply - May 11, 2012
- UP cane farmers team to visit Australia, Fiji and Mauritus - Jun 28, 2012
- Nearly 65,000 Punjab powermen go on strike - Sep 21, 2010
- Northern power grid was again on verge of tripping - Aug 02, 2012
- A word from Sonia means 24x7 power - Aug 29, 2012
- Agra inner ring road project to be restarted - Aug 29, 2012
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: advanced technology, akhilesh yadav, asian news, chief minister, consumers, electrical equipment, indo, instances, managing director, news service, possibilities, power sector, power supply, powermen, punitive action, transformers, uttar pradesh, vd