United Breweries launches locally brewed Heineken beerSeptember 13th, 2011 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) The Vijay Mallya-promoted United Breweries Tuesday announced the launch of locally brewed and bottled Heineken beer from its brewery in Taloja, near Mumbai.
United Breweries and Heineken had entered into an agreement by which only the Indian liquor company would promote and sell the beer brand in India.
“Heineken, the world’s favourite super premium beer brand will appeal to affluent, sophisticated and discerning consumers in India,” said Kalyan Ganguly, President & Managing Director, United Breweries Limited.
“We will leverage our deep understanding of the Indian beer market, and complement that with robust marketing programmes and the strength of our nationwide distribution network, to bring to Indian consumers this truly iconic global beer brand,” he added.
Available in pack sizes of 650 ml and 330 ml sizes, Heineken is priced at Rs.150 and Rs.80, respectively in Delhi.
- Indie music in India can beef up on Heineken beer - Nov 08, 2011
- Kingfisher Ultra launched in Delhi - Jul 12, 2010
- Mallya ties up with Dutch brewer Heineken in India - Dec 07, 2009
- The beer hug: Bihar emerging as brewery hub - Jan 16, 2012
- Heineken announces $4.1 bn bid for Singapore brewer - Jul 21, 2012
- Carlsberg opens fifth brewery in India - Dec 01, 2010
- Mallya's liquor firm is world's second largest in sales - Apr 08, 2010
- Kingfisher was official beer at New York tennis tourney - Jul 27, 2012
- Heineken extends partnership with James Bond films - Feb 09, 2012
- Foreign liquor bullish about prospects in Punjab - Sep 19, 2009
- Now, flavoured beer hits Indian market - Jul 11, 2012
- UB expects beer sales to grow by 20 percent - Feb 15, 2010
- McDowell's No.1 Platinum sells 30 million bottles - Apr 12, 2011
- Indian-owned brewery gets too frothy for Canadians (Lead) - Jan 19, 2010
- Indian-owned beer gets too frothy for Canadians - Jan 19, 2010
Tags: beer brand, complement, discerning consumers, distribution network, heineken beer, India, indian beer market, indian consumers, launch, liquor company, managing director, marketing, ml sizes, New Delhi, taloja, united breweries, vijay mallya