United Bank to hit primary market in DecemberJune 22nd, 2009 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 22 (IANS) The state-owned United Bank of India (UBI) is likely to enter the primary market by December, a top bank official said here Monday.
“We plan to raise about Rs.300-400 crore from the IPO (initial public offer),” UBI chairman and managing director S.C. Gupta told reporters at the Banking Conclave organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
He said the bank would go ahead irrespective of the stock market situation in December, but added it was yet to finalise the extent of stake dilution.
Gupta also said UBI would cut interest rates shortly. “Our asset liability committee is meeting next week, where a quarter to half a percentage point cut in our lending rate could be decided.”
UBI had earlier reduced its prime lending rate by 25 basis points to 12.25 percent with effect from April 1.
“This time we have to cut deposit rates too,” Gupta added, but did not specify by how much.
Asked about expansion plans, Gupta said his bank planned to open a representative office in Bangladesh - its maiden presence overseas - by December. “We also plan to have a presence in Myanmar at a later time.”
The Kolkata-based bank has a network of 1,454 branches and plans to add around 108 this fiscal.
- No dilution of majority stake in public sector banks: Mukherjee - Jul 19, 2009
- UBI IPO subscribed 32.92 times - Feb 25, 2010
- UBI Q4 net up 4 percent - May 05, 2012
- UBI to reduce interest rates by 25 bps - Jun 24, 2009
- Bhaskar Sen new chief of United Bank of India - Mar 01, 2010
- United Bank of India to decide on rate hike - Sep 16, 2010
- United Bank IPO to hit market by February - Dec 04, 2009
- United Bank hopeful of government nod for capital restructuring - Feb 28, 2009
- SBI, Allahabad Bank cut interest rates - Apr 23, 2012
- Goldman Sachs chosen adviser for Russian airport's sale - Dec 20, 2011
- Banks lower interest rates taking cues from RBI policy - Apr 19, 2012
- UBI to extend banking services in 1,612 Bengal villages - Jul 21, 2012
- India Inc disappointed with RBI leaving rates unchanged (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Interest rates to go down but not immediately, say top banks - Apr 17, 2012
- UBI to seek Rs.1,000 crore from government - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: asset liability, bank of india, basis points, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, conclave, crore, dilution, expansion plans, gupta, indian chambers of commerce, initial public offer, kolkata, market situation, percentage point, prime lending rate, representative office, ubi, united bank, united bank of india