United Bank posts 27 percent growth in advancesApril 16th, 2009 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 16 (IANS) Public sector lender United Bank of India (UBI) Thursday reported 27 percent growth in advances at Rs.36,000 crore and 16 percent rise in deposits at Rs.54,000 crore in 2008-09.
“Our bottomline is likely to be between Rs.150-200 crore after we close our books,” UBI chairman and managing director S.C. Gupta told reporters.
The bank is yet to finalise its accounts.
The net profit of the bank in 2008-09 is likely to fall from the previous year’s Rs.319 crore, Gupta said.
He, however, did not mention any reasons for the expected drop in the profit.
The operating profit before provisions and contingencies in 2008-09 is likely to touch Rs.750 crore, up from Rs.467 crore in 2007-08, Gupta added.
- United Bank IPO to hit market by February - Dec 04, 2009
- UBI to seek Rs.1,000 crore from government - Aug 16, 2012
- Union Bank of India net profit up - Oct 24, 2011
- SBI quarterly net profit nose-dives on increased provisions - May 17, 2011
- India sees reduction in wastlelands - Apr 25, 2012
- Foreign banks slashed workforce, loaned less in 2009-10 - Sep 24, 2010
- ICICI Bank Q2 net profit rises 21.6 percent - Oct 31, 2011
- State Bank of India net profit up 45.62 percent - May 09, 2009
- City Union Bank plans to raise Rs.1,000 crore - May 26, 2010
- State Bank of Mysore net up 32 percent in fiscal 2010 - Apr 21, 2010
- ICICI Bank quarterly net profit rises 36 percent - Jul 27, 2012
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Q4 net rises 75 percent - Apr 29, 2010
- South Indian Bank net profit up by 20 percent - Apr 30, 2010
- UCO Bank net up by 12 percent in Q4 - May 05, 2012
- ICICI Bank Q1 profit up 30 percent - Jul 29, 2011