Union Cabinet approves winding up of Bharat Yantra Nigam LimitedNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:04 am ICT by admin
It also gave clearance to writing down of the share capital of the BYNL to the tune of 2.31 crore rupees, opening of Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS) to enable the employee desirous of opting for an early separation before closure of the company, budgetary support for the cost of closure of the company to the extent of 3.82 crore rupees.
The Cabinet also gave its nod to proposals of transfer of the assets and liabilities as on a cut off date of March 3, 2007 of the company among the subsidiaries, transfer of shares held by the BYNL in subsidiaries to the GOI, cosure and winding up of the BYNL, the holding company under the relevant provisions of Companies Act, 1956 after transfer of assets and liabilities to the subsidiary companies and transfer of shares of the Subsidiary held by BYNL to the GOI. Each Subsidiary will become separate Central Public Sector Enterprise.
BYNL is a holding company of six subsidiary companies namely, M/s Bharat Heavy Plate and Vessels Limited (BHPV), Visakhapatnam; M/s Bharat Pumps and Compressors Limited (BPCL), Naini; M/s Bridge and Roof Company India Limited (B and R), Kolkata; M/s. Richardson and Cruddas (1972) Limited (R and C), Mumbai; M/s. Triveni Structurals Limited (TSL), Naini; and M/s Tungabhadra Steel Products Limited (TSPL), Karnataka.
The decision for winding up of BYNL will enable its subsidiaries to have an independent status, which will improve their performance and profitability, a government release said. (ANI)
- Suzlon Group to sell China subsidiary for $60 mn - Jun 23, 2012
- State-run TSL making losses for 20 years - Aug 23, 2011
- Jharkhand asks coal firms to cough up taxes - Nov 21, 2010
- Gurgaon land worth millions restored to government - Dec 10, 2011
- Blacklisted Israel Military Industries moves Delhi High Court - May 06, 2012
- Illegal mining by Adani, Jindal group to be probed: Apex court - Nov 18, 2011
- Vedanta merges units to create India's largest resources firm (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- India clears $275 mn order for T-72 tank recovery vehicles - Oct 13, 2011
- India allows FDI in limited liability partnership firms - May 24, 2011
- CBI probe recommended against Yeddyurappa kin (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Government's plea for Vodafone verdict review dismissed (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- India for snap compensation and full liability in Nuke Bill - Jul 31, 2010
- Devas asserts agreement with ISRO legally binding - Feb 10, 2011
- Bina refinery's two units go on-stream - Jan 30, 2011
- Air India ground handling staff protest service terms - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: assets and liabilities, bharat, bpcl, closure, crore rupees, goi, government of india, holding company, public sector enterprise, steel products limited, subsidiaries, subsidiary companies, transfer of shares, voluntary retirement scheme, waiver