Union bank and IndusInd bank hike prime lending ratesAugust 7th, 2008 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 7 (IANS) Indian public sector bank Union Bank of India announced here Thursday a hike in its benchmark prime lending rate (PLR) by 75 basis points to 14 percent. The hike in rates will be effective Friday August 8, a bank statement said.
The bank said the increase would impact home loans with floating interest rates. However, existing home loans will not be affected by the hike.
Indian private bank IndusInd Bank has also raised its PLR by 75 basis points to 17 percent form 16.25 percent, a bank statement said.
Other banks and institutions that have increased PLR after RBI’s latest rate hikes include ICICI Bank, HDFC, Punjab National Bank, Axis Bank, IDBI Bank, YES Bank and Corporation Bank.
- ICICI Bank hikes lending, deposit rates - Dec 04, 2010
- SBI hikes lending rates, EMIs to rise - Jul 07, 2011
- Banks lower interest rates taking cues from RBI policy - Apr 19, 2012
- PNB raises interest rate on NRE term deposits - Dec 27, 2011
- PNB, Allahabad Bank hike lending, deposit rates - Jul 29, 2011
- Indian Bank, IOB hike lending rate to 8.5 percent - Oct 01, 2010
- SBI to hike lending rates, loans get dearer - Apr 19, 2011
- SBI raises lending, deposit rates; loans to get costlier - Aug 16, 2010
- Interest rates to go down but not immediately, say top banks - Apr 17, 2012
- Sensex tanks 244 points as RBI keeps rates unchanged (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- RBI tightens norms for home loans, rates may go up - Nov 02, 2010
- SBI, PNB hike interest rate on NRE term deposits (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Indian Overseas Bank hikes base rate - Jul 30, 2011
- Industry hails RBI intent not to hike rates further - Oct 25, 2011
- Sensex tanks as India's central bank hikes rates (Lead) - May 03, 2011
Tags: august 8, axis bank, bank of india, basis points, existing home, home loans, idbi bank, indusind bank, institutions, interest rates, plr, prime lending rate, prime lending rates, private bank, public sector bank, punjab national bank, rate hikes, rbi, union bank, union bank of india