Unicef, Finnair collect 45,000 euros for Indian kidsMay 8th, 2011 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) A campaign by Nordic carrier Finnair and Unicef has collected over 45,000 euros for a programme to provide clean water and environment to children in the Indian state of Bihar, the airline said.
The funds were collected by the Change for Good campaign from Nov 29, 2010 to Jan 9, 2011, the company said.
The money would be used for a three-year Unicef programme which highlights the importance of sanitation, hygiene and clean water.
Besides building water points and toilets for schools, the project will also train teachers to inculcate aspects of hygiene among the students.
The collection for the campaign took place on nearly all international flights. This was the 15th edition of the fund raising campaign which, till date, has raised more that 1 million euros for Unicef’s work for the good of children.
During the campaign, Finnair donated 50 cents for each new member of the company’s Facebook page as well.
“This year we wanted to tell about Unicef’s work in aid of the world’s children also via our social media channels and at the same time bring a new element to the campaign,” said Maria Mroue, communication manager, Finnair.
“We gained 3,778 new Facebook fans during the campaign, as a result of which we donated to Unicef and the children of India 1,889 euros on our fans’ behalf. Finnair donated a further 7,000 euros to the collection,” he added.
- Finnair to donate to UNICEF campaign for Indian children - Dec 12, 2010
- Finnair's school campaign collects 60,000 euros - Jan 30, 2012
- Finnair starts campaign to collect funds for Indian children - Dec 01, 2011
- Finnair, Unicef raise 69,772 euros for Indian children - Feb 03, 2010
- Finnair launches initiative for children of Bihar - Nov 03, 2009
- Woodland ties with Unicef to provide safe drinking water - Sep 01, 2011
- Rihanna, Swift, Gomez back Unicef water campaign - Mar 19, 2011
- Rihanna delays charity project over extra flab - Apr 22, 2011
- Unicef urges India to curb open defecation - Mar 27, 2012
- Finnair's second quarter revenue increases by 10 percent - Aug 22, 2012
- Send a card, help a child, says Unicef - Sep 08, 2011
- Nirmal Gram: Bringing a cleanliness revolution to India's villages - Jun 06, 2011
- Unicef teams up with West Bengal for total sanitation campaign - Dec 02, 2010
- Finnair adjudged best north European airline for third year - Jul 13, 2012
- 30mn Indian school children have no access to toilets - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: 1 million, 50 cents, airline, clean water, communication manager, facebook, finnair, hygiene, importance of sanitation, India, indian kids, international flights, media channels, money, New Delhi, new element, new member, toilets, unicef, water points