Unemployment in France grows in OctoberNovember 29th, 2011 - 1:28 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, Nov 29 (IANS) The number of jobless people in France grew by 1.2 percent in October from a month earlier, as sluggish economic activities slowed job creation in the eurozone’s second largest economy, official figures showed Monday.
According to labour ministry figures, France registered 34,400 more jobless people last month, which raised the country’s total number of jobseekers to more than 2.81 million in France’s mainland.
If the overseas departments and workers are taken into account, there were 4.45 million people currently living without a job, up 0.4 percent, reported Xinhua.
On a yearly basis, the jobless rate rose by 4.9 percent.
“…Everyone knows they (unemployment figures) cannot be good due to the crisis from which we don’t get out yet and even intensifies on the ground,” Labour Minister Xavier Bertrand told the private broadcaster RTL.
“As the economic situation will not improve, I do not see how the employment numbers will actually improve,” he added.
- French unemployment reaches record high in November - Dec 27, 2011
- Unemployment in France goes up - Mar 27, 2012
- France sees increase in jobseekers - May 31, 2012
- Unemployment rises in Spain - Apr 04, 2012
- Britain's jobless rate to hit 9 percent - Mar 06, 2012
- French jobless rate reaches record high - Jul 26, 2012
- 4.5 mn jobs at risk in eurozone in four years: UN - Jul 12, 2012
- Brazil jobless rate lowest in 8 years - Dec 18, 2010
- New US jobless claims climb to 417,000 - Aug 26, 2011
- US jobless claims at lowest level in four years - Feb 17, 2012
- Spanish jobless rate climbs above 24 percent - Apr 28, 2012
- Spain's jobless total at 15-year high - Mar 03, 2011
- Canada's unemployment rate falls - Jul 07, 2012
- Chinese premier warns of `complicated, grim' job situation - Jul 23, 2012
- US jobless claims dip to three-month low - Jul 15, 2011
Tags: economic activities, economic situation, economy, employment numbers, eurozone, job creation, jobless rate, jobseekers, labour minister, labour ministry, mainland, overseas departments, paris, private broadcaster, rtl, unemployment figures, xavier bertrand, xinhua