Unemployment allowance to roll out in JulyJune 29th, 2012 - 3:16 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 29 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government will begin disbursing the unemployment allowance to applicants from July, an official said Friday.
Work on it is in the final phase. So far 22,000 applications have been submitted to employment exchanges from different districts. They have been shortlisted and approved for the allowance.
The allowance would make it to the bank accounts only in October, the official told IANS.
Since the Samajwadi Party took power, the employment offices have been flooded by applicants from all over the state. Cornered by the heavy rush, the government revised the basic prerequisites for the allowance.
Those entitled for the allowance would be between 35 and 45 years. They should have passed high school (class 10).
The government has also fixed an income ceiling. In Lucknow, only 122 forms have met the conditions laid down in the rules for the unemployment allowance.
- UP to dole out unemployment allowance in July - Jun 29, 2012
- UP cabinet clears unemployment allowance - May 11, 2012
- SP's poll sop sparks law and order scare - Mar 13, 2012
- Haryana raises monthly aid to daughters-only parents - Jul 07, 2011
- Mayawati gives bonus to 15 lakh government employees, teachers - Oct 17, 2011
- Rajasthan's targets 400,000 new jobs this year - Aug 13, 2012
- 60,000 unemployed Haryana youth to get dole - Aug 09, 2010
- Ruckus at Employment Exchange, official beaten up - Mar 16, 2012
- SP workers clash with police during FDI protests - Dec 01, 2011
- Millionaires Filed for Unemployment Benefits In 2008 - Oct 07, 2010
- Unemployment allowance to be given from September: Akhilesh - Aug 14, 2012
- Norms for registering pension fund managers revised - Jul 12, 2012
- No new taxes in Akhilesh's maiden UP budget - Jun 01, 2012
- UP's Bacchus lovers go from 'videshi' to 'desi' - May 16, 2012
- US initial jobless claims dip to six-week low - Jul 06, 2012