UBI to seek Rs.1,000 crore from governmentAugust 16th, 2012 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 16 (IANS) Public sector lender Union Bank of India (UBI) will seek capital investment up to Rs.10 billion from the central government to clock around 18-20 percent growth in its business at the end of this financial year, a top official said Thursday.
“This year, we plan to ask for Rs.950 crore to Rs.1,000 crore to meet our business growth target,” UBI chairman and managing director (CMD) D. Sarkar told reporters on the sidelines of a FICCI event.
Sarkar said the bank had sought Rs.6.5 billion (Rs.650 crore) from the central government in the last fiscal but did not get it.
He said the Mumbai-headquartered bank was hopeful of setting up its overseas banking unit in Dubai and its wholly-owned subsidiary in London within this fiscal.
The state-run lender was also planning to upgrade its representative offices in China and Sydney into full fledged branches, the CMD said.
- Central Bank plans JV or subsidiary to enter Mozambique - Aug 10, 2012
- SBI to acquire its subsidiary SBICI Bank - Jul 21, 2011
- UBI Q4 net up 4 percent - May 05, 2012
- IOB plans to raise $500 mn through MTN issue - Jul 19, 2012
- 'Delayed monsoon to affect credit offtake in farm sector' - Jul 09, 2012
- Racold Thermo eyes Rs.150 crore market - Jun 20, 2012
- Allahabad Bank targets 21 percent growth this fiscal - Jun 14, 2012
- Allahabad Bank reports 55 percent rise in Q4 net profit - May 05, 2012
- Allahabad Bank's Q3 net up by 34 percent - Jan 30, 2012
- Carborundum grows net by 68 percent in 2010-11 - May 02, 2011
- Africa to be 'next centre of growth' for Bank of Baroda - Feb 11, 2012
- SBI expects another Rs.40 billion capital infusion - Aug 23, 2012
- Reliance Communications to list sub-sea cable business in Singapore - Jun 13, 2012
- Court approves demerger of Essar Shipping, Ports and Logistics - Mar 03, 2011
- GRSE aiming at 25 percent turnover rise in FY13 - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: bank of india, business growth, capital investment, central government, china, clock, crore, dubai, growth target, london, managing director, public sector, representative offices, sarkar, sidelines, subsidiary, sydney, union bank, union bank of india, union bank of india ubi