UAE’s flydubai debuts in India with Lucknow flightJune 3rd, 2010 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 3 (IANS) As a flydubai Boeing 737-800 touched down at Lucknow airport in the early hours of Thursday, it opened a new chapter in the low-cost carrier’s two-year history with its debut service to India that will operate thrice weekly.
“Lucknow has tremendous traffic potential for Dubai as the existing services between this city and the UAE are grossly inadeauate. We are thrilled to make our first entry into India with the start of flights to Lucknow”, flydubai CEO Ghaith Al Ghaith, who travelled by the inaugural flight along with UAE Ambassador to India Mohammed Sultan Al Owais, said at a press conference here.
“Bilateral non-oil trade between India and the UAE was worth $48 billion (in2008-09) and therefore, increasing transportation links between India and the UAE can only help to strengthen their economic and commercial ties,” he added.
The official said flydubai hoped to fly to several other Indian cities in the months to come.
A one-way ticket would cost Rs.6,300 but passenger would have to pay for food as well as their checked-in baggage, he added.
“The airline allows 10 kg hand baggage and for a single piece checked-in baggage up to 32 kg weight, a charge of Rs. 750 would be payable,” he said
The new service, FZ433, will operate on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, departing Dubai at 8.30 p.m. and arriving in Lucknow at 1.50 a.m. the following day. The return flight, FZ434, will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, departing Lucknow at 2.35 a.m. and arriving in Dubai at 5.20 a.m.
- Flydubai launches Hyderabad-Dubai flights - Jun 15, 2011
- India-UAE trade up 70 percent: Envoy - Jun 03, 2010
- flydubai announces flights to Ahmedabad - Aug 08, 2011
- Flydubai launches flights to Hyderabad - May 16, 2011
- Flydubai to start flights to Belgrade - Sep 19, 2011
- Flydubai doubles fleet - Aug 04, 2011
- UAE envoy favours more direct flights to India - Jun 15, 2011
- Flydubai adds new Boeing to fleet - Jun 18, 2010
- Flydubai announces new service to Bangladesh - Jan 06, 2011
- Flydubai starts flights to Lucknow to tap expat traffic (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- Flydubai, a new low cost airline launched in Dubai - Apr 07, 2009
- Flydubai starts flights to Lucknow - May 11, 2010
- Flydubai launches flights to Kabul - May 18, 2010
- Flydubai to start flights to Lucknow, Coimbatore, Chandigarh - Jun 24, 2009
- Flydubai launches services for two Russian cities - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: boeing 737 800, commercial ties, existing services, fridays, hand baggage, inaugural flight, indian cities, june 3, low cost carrier, mohammed sultan, new chapter, oil trade, owais, return flight, saturdays, thursdays, transportation links, uae, way ticket, wednesdays