UAE to play bigger role in Bangladesh’s growthJune 5th, 2011 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, June 5 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates seeks to play a bigger role in helping Bangladesh achieve its growth objectives under its Vision 2021 plan, a minister said Sunday.
“We have the expertise and the resources to assist in enhancing your country’s capabilities in information and communication technology, health, education and reinforcing you infrastructure. We hope to engage in key public and private partnerships and joint ventures with you to advance your ambitious development agenda”, UAE Minister for Foreign Trade Sheikha Lubna Bint Khalid Al Qasimi said.
She was speaking at the opening of the Emirati-Bangladeshi Business Forum organised by the Federation of Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industries.
The minister noted that so far, the UAE has invested around $2.5 billion in sectors such as telecommunications, banking, ceramics, construction, real estate and pharmaceuticals in Bangladesh.
“Many of our local companies are very interested in doing business in more areas such as agriculture, food processing, hospitality and tourism, so we look forward to your valuable inputs.”
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- UAE, Western Australia keen to boost commercial cooperation - Jun 04, 2011
- UAE, China seek to boost trade ties - May 25, 2012
- UAE minister meets foreign trade officials - May 04, 2012
- UAE minister gets lifetime achievement award in US - Jan 27, 2012
- UAE, US hold talks - Jan 17, 2012
- UAE discusses trade cooperation with Syria - Dec 29, 2010
- China-Arab trade to reach $300 bn by 2014: UAE minister - Sep 12, 2012
- Swedish industrialist discusses trade ties with UAE minister - Apr 12, 2011
- UAE trade minister meets Arab business delegation - Jan 21, 2012
- UAE, Portugal discuss trade - Jun 12, 2012
- Arab-Chinese business meet kicks off in Sharjah - Jan 19, 2012
- UAE, Sweden eyes close energy ties - Oct 24, 2011
- UAE seeks to open itself to the world for education, modernisation - Jun 06, 2011
- Japanese bank to increase investments in Emirati projects - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: agriculture food, ambitious development, bint, business forum, ceramics, chamber of commerce, development agenda, doing business, emirati, food processing, growth objectives, health education, information and communication technology, joint ventures, local companies, pharmaceuticals, private partnerships, qasimi, united arab emirates, vm