UAE mulls tobacco taxJanuary 24th, 2012 - 1:05 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Jan 23 (IANS/WAM) The UAE’s ministerial legislative committee has concluded its discussion over a proposed new federal law which seeks to impose tax on importing tobacco and its derivatives.
The meeting chaired by Minister of Justice Hadef Bin Jouan Al Dhahiri also completed the discussion of the amendments to the federal law of 2003, setting up the Federal Customs Authority.
A number of ministers and other officials attended the meet.
- UAE, Algeria to hold bilateral talks Tuesday - Mar 27, 2012
- UAE, US discuss legal cooperation - Aug 16, 2011
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE, Indonesia hold talks - May 16, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE, Tunisia discuss educational cooperation - May 09, 2012
- UAE president honours national Olympic football team - Mar 27, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host Global Aerospace Summit 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
- 457 illegal residents held in UAE - Aug 01, 2012
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- UAE sets up panel to sight Ramadan moon - Aug 07, 2010
- UAE, Belarus discuss bilateral cooperation - Feb 22, 2012
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012