UAE launches major tourism projectMay 2nd, 2012 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, May 2 (IANS/WAM) The UAE government has launched a major eco-tourism project in the emirate of Sharjah.
The project will be implemented in Kalba City by the Sharjah Investment and Development Authority and the Sharjah Environment and Protected Areas Authority (EPAA).
The project, the largest of its kind in the UAE, will feature natural reserves and diverse tourist and commercial facilities in Khor Kalba, 15 km south of Fujairah city on the UAE-Oman border, it was announced Tuesday.
- UAE emirate to upgrade oil storage capacity - Jun 29, 2012
- UAE to open 140 new mosques in 2011 - Jun 28, 2011
- Sharjah to conduct survey of heritage area - Jan 19, 2012
- 107,000 tourists visited Sharjah in June - Jul 24, 2010
- UAE launches wildlife conservation project - Apr 15, 2012
- Dubai, Indonesia to boost trade ties - Jun 13, 2012
- Lights festival begins in UAE - Feb 10, 2011
- Abu Dhabi workshop on monitoring commodity exchange - Nov 06, 2010
- Al Jazeera Park closed for makeover - Jul 15, 2012
- Hashish smuggling bid foiled in UAE - Jan 27, 2011
- UAE breeds world's first Arabian cobra in captivity - Aug 07, 2011
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- UAE centre collects 3,500 units of blood - Apr 06, 2012
- New road links Sharjah with Dubai, Abu Dhabi - Jul 04, 2010
- UAE signs open skies pact with Djibouti - Feb 11, 2011