UAE funding wind farm in SeychellesMarch 2nd, 2012 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
Victoria (Seychelles), March 1 (IANS/WAM) The foundation stone of a UAE-funded wind farm was laid
in this Indian Ocean island nation Thursday.
Seychelles President James Alix Michel and representatives of the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) and Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company (Masdar) participated in the foundation laying ceremony of the 6 MW wind farm.
Mohammed Saif Al Suwaidi, director general of ADFD said the plant comes in line with the commitment of ADFD to support sustainable development in developing countries.
- Abu Dhabi gives $10 mn for Kenya road project - Nov 25, 2010
- UAE seeks stronger relations with Kyrgyzstan - Feb 11, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to give $19 mn for Mali dam project - Nov 30, 2010
- UAE gives $10 mn loan for road development in Gambia - Apr 05, 2011
- Abu Dhabi to host earth summit - Dec 08, 2011
- UAE, US discuss aviation cooperation - Dec 04, 2011
- Tanzania launches UAE-funded highway project - Jul 07, 2011
- UAE calls for end of Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- UAE, UN aid agency explore cooperation - Aug 10, 2012
- UAE launches 'Aviation Encyclopedia' - Feb 26, 2012
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- Seychelles president hails relations with UAE - Dec 14, 2011
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- Britain,UAE joint economic meet held - May 17, 2012
- 4,000 students invited to Abu Dhabi energy summit - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, adfd, al suwaidi, alix, development in developing countries, director general, energy company, foundation stone, future energy, indian ocean island, island nation, march 1, mohammed, mw, president james, saif, seychelles, snb, sustainable development, wind farm