UAE companies happy with 19th IETF held in IndiaFebruary 12th, 2011 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Feb 12 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) companies and entities, which participated in the 19th edition of the International Engineering and Technology Fair (IETF), have expressed satisfaction at the event which chose the UAE as this year’s focus country.Organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) under the theme ‘Green Productivity for Sustainable Energy and Environment’, the three-day event concluded in India’s national capital New Delhi Saturday.
According to Assistant Under Secretary for Foreign Trade Affairs at the UAE Ministry of Foreign Trade (MoFT) Juma Al Kait, the selection of the United Arab Emirates as IETF’s focus country this year offered the UAE an opportunity to highlight its participation as well as a new platform to promote the UAE-based companies and businesses.
The UAE participation is part of efforts being undertaken by MoFT to introduce UAE products to visitors and participants, promote them in Indian and other Asian markets, and also explore potential partnerships in various sectors.
“In particular, MoFT, through its participation in IETF, focused on the competitive quality of UAE products,” Juma Al Kait added.
Hussain Mohammed Al Mahmoudi, Director General of Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) praised the Ministry of Foreign Trade for its efforts to organise overseas trade fairs and exhibitions.
He noted that this year’s edition of IETF witnessed a strong presence of UAE companies and businesses under the UAE pavilion.
- UAE seeks to boost foreign trade - Sep 19, 2010
- UAE imports cucumber mostly from outside EU - Jun 03, 2011
- Symposium on non-tariff trade barriers in Abu Dhabi - Apr 19, 2011
- UAE, Western Australia keen to boost commercial cooperation - Jun 04, 2011
- Innovation centre to be set up at Infopark - Feb 07, 2011
- Sharjah seeks to boost trade with African countries - Feb 23, 2010
- UAE, China hold bilateral talks - Mar 30, 2012
- Sharjah launches Auto Parts Week - Jun 07, 2010
- UAE,Canada discuss relations - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- UAE, Britain seek to strengthen economic relations - Jun 04, 2011
- UAE-Belarusian relations discussed - Feb 24, 2012
- UAE to participate in 16 international trade fairs - Jan 17, 2011
- UAE holds talks with Norway, Denmark, Hungary - Dec 15, 2011
- UAE officials meet foreign leaders - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, asian markets, chamber of commerce and industry, cii, confederation of indian industry, director general, energy and environment, focus country, hussain, international engineering, juma, mahmoudi, scci, sharjah chamber of commerce, sharjah chamber of commerce and industry, sustainable energy, trade affairs, trade fairs, uae companies, united arab emirates