Two-year-old Vandana rescued safely after 27 hoursMarch 26th, 2008 - 11:14 pm ICT by admin
Agra, Mar 26 (ANI): Two-year-old girl Vandana who fell into a 45-foot borewell at Tehra village in Agra on Tuesday night while playing with her friends has been rescued safely after 27 hours.
Vandana has been sent to Era hospital.
The rescue operation started soon after the villagers complained about the incident to the authorities.
Earlier, in a similar incident, a five-year-old boy, Prince, fell into a 53 feet and 1.5 wide shaft in Shahbad, Haryana in July 2006. He was rescued from the pit after over two days of continuous rescue operations by the Army.
Army personnel had dug up a 56-feet deep, 15-feet wide parallel tunnel from a dried up well alongside the shaft to rescue Prince after almost 50 hours.
Later, three more similar incidents were also reported in Madhya Pradesh. (ANI)
- Three-year-old rescued from borewell in Gurdaspur, dies in hospital - Jun 03, 2010
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- Five-year-old falls into borewell near Jaipur, rescue work on - Nov 09, 2009
- Four-year-old girl rescued from borewell - Jun 21, 2009
- Four-year-old falls into borewell in Bijapur, rescue work on - Sep 01, 2009
- Two-year-old toddler falls into borewell in Andhra - Jan 18, 2010
- Four-year-old falls into borewell, rescue work on - Jun 21, 2009
- Efforts fail to rescue toddler from Andhra borewell (Lead) - Jan 18, 2010
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- Rescuers in Agra battle to save a child from 150 feet deep narrow well - Oct 10, 2008
- Efforts to save two-year-old boy from borewell suffers set back - Oct 12, 2008
- Boy rescued safely from borewell in Maharashtra (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Baby falls in borewell in Punjab, army tries rescue (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Child dies after falling into borewell (Second Lead) - Jun 03, 2010
- Child dies after falling into borewell - Jun 03, 2010