Two more fake pilots arrested (Lead)May 5th, 2011 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) Two more people have been arrested for obtaining commercial pilots’ licences based on forged marksheets, police said Thursday.
“Capt. Param Prakash, 21, and Capt. Anirban Sannigrahi, 22, were arrested for using forged marksheets to get commercial pilot licences (CPL),” Deputy Commissioner of Police Ashok Chand said.
He said that Prakash, a resident of Palwal in Haryana, was arrested April 28.
“He had paid Rs.50,000 to a contact in Delhi for getting a forged result card of Aviation Metereology paper. He managed to get his CPL May 5, 2009, with the help of this result card,” Chand said.
Sannigrahi, a resident of Kolkata in West Bengal, was arrested Monday.
“He had also paid Rs.50,000 to a contact for clearing the Air Regulation paper. But his application for CPL was kept pending because of suspiscion over his documents,” Chand said.
“Police are trying to apprehend the contacts,” he added.
The fake pilots scam was first unearthed March 7 by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) after some pilots were found to have procured Airlines Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) and CPL using fake documents.
According to police, 17 people, including three DGCA officials, have been arrested so far for their involvement in the scam.
- Two more arrested in fake pilots' license scam - May 05, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: One more held - May 12, 2011
- Fake pilots scam: Another pilot granted bail (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: Govt. directs DGCA to probe all pilot licenses - Mar 15, 2011
- Lookout notices issued for three fake pilots, instructor - Mar 28, 2011
- Two more held in fake pilot scam - Apr 05, 2011
- One more 'fake' pilot arrested in Delhi - May 26, 2011
- One more fake pilot arrested (Lead) - Apr 04, 2011
- Fake pilots: Four more held - Mar 26, 2011
- Two more fake pilots arrested in Delhi - May 05, 2011
- Another pilot held for forged documents - Aug 11, 2011
- Three more pilots under scanner for fake licence - Apr 12, 2011
- Aviation regulator to screen 4,000 pilots for fake licences - Mar 14, 2011
- Expert committee to look into pilot licence procedures - Mar 15, 2011
- One more held in fake pilot licence scam - Apr 16, 2011
Tags: anirban, atpl, chand, civil aviation, commercial pilot, commercial pilots, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, dgca, directorate general, fake documents, metereology, palwal, pilot licence, pilot licences, prakash, result card, suspiscion, transport pilot, west bengal