Two more bridges across Yamuna in Delhi Metro Phase-IIISeptember 15th, 2011 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 15 (IANS) The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is planning to construct two more bridges across Yamuna river in its Phase-III project to cover more residential areas.
The DMRC has invited bids for construction of the two bridges across the river in Phase III.
“We have floated the tender documents and are planning to build two bridges — one in the Janakpuri-Kalindi Kunj corridor and the second on the Mukundpur-to-Yamuna Vihar Metro stretch,” a DMRC official told IANS.
According to the DMRC tender document, the bridge coming up in the Janakpuri-Kalindi Kunj corridor will be constructed 85 metres downstream of the existing Okhla bridge.
“The bridge piers will be built in such a way that these do not obstruct the waterway of the existing Okhla Barrage bridge upstream,” the document added.
The bridge on the Mukundpur-Yamuna Vihar Metro corridor will be constructed about 83 metres downstream of the existing Nizamuddin road bridge.
The Delhi Metro has already constructed two bridges on Yamuna river in its phase-I and II projects. A bridge connects Kashmere Gate to Shastri Park station and the other one connects Indraprastha station with Yamuna Bank in east Delhi.
The Phase-III will be completed by 2016. Metro stretches in this phase are Mukundpur to Yamuna Vihar, Janakpuri West to Kalindi Kunj, Central Secretariat to Kashmere Gate and Jahangirpuri to Badli.
The Mukundpur corridor will be the longest, covering 56 km with 35 stations. The Janakpuri West-Munirka-Kalindi Kunj corridor will cover 34 km and will have 22 stations.
As of now, the Delhi Metro makes over 2,400 trips per day, traversing about 69,000 km and carrying around 1.7 million passengers on working days. By 2016, it is expected to carry about four million passengers daily.
- Top Delhi Metro official resigns - Apr 19, 2012
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Metro Phase III will be built by 2016 - May 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro to add 800 lifts and escalators - Jan 06, 2012
- Nehru Place to get second Metro station - Sep 02, 2012
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Delhi Metro to connect more hospitals - Apr 11, 2012
- Metro Phase III gets approval - Aug 10, 2011
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Metro to build two stations near airport - Sep 21, 2011
- Metro to use latest technologies in phase III - May 01, 2011
- Metro to construct nine power receiving sub-stations - Aug 05, 2012
- Delhi Metro to dig deeper for tunnels in third phase - Jun 15, 2011
- Delhi Metro's third phase approved - Apr 11, 2011
- Work on Delhi Metro third phase to commence soon - May 08, 2011
Tags: barrage, bridge piers, central secretariat, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, east delhi, New Delhi, nizamuddin, phase iii, residential areas, road bridge, secretariat, stretches, tender document, tender documents, two bridges, waterway, yamuna river