Two killed in workshop collapse in GurgaonJanuary 22nd, 2012 - 3:09 am ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Jan 21 (IANS) At least two employees of a company were Saturday killed and over 10 people injured when a part of its workshop in IMT Manesar in this satellite town of the national capital collapsed, an official said.
The workshop of Maruti India Ltd’s ancillary company Napino Auto and Electronics Ltd’s building in (industrial model township) IMT Manesar fell when over a dozen employees were inside it.
“There was a huge machine setup which suddenly fell along with the pillars and roof,” investigation officer Surender Singh told IANS.
“The victims were rushed to hospital where two workers were declared dead on arrival. Situation of four workers is stated to be critical.”
Those killed were identified as Bhagirath and Naresh Kumar. Bhagirath hails from Uttar Pradesh’s Faizabad and Naresh from Rajasthan.
Senior officials from the police, fire and labour departments were on the spot.
Napino Auto and Electronics Ltd is situated adjacent to Maruti’s main plant in IMT Manesar. Besides trims and other interior items and sheets of cars, Napino manufactures the parts of Hero Moto Corp which was earlier known as Hero Honda.
- Honda strike anniversary: Curbs on protests in Manesar - Jul 24, 2012
- Haryana plans new automobile hub - Jan 10, 2011
- Restore terminated Maruti workers: Trade unions - Aug 17, 2012
- Sacked Maruti workers mull strategy with trade unions - Aug 31, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Maruti strike continues for sixth day, production hit - Oct 12, 2011
- Suzuki Motorcycles suspend 3 union leaders in Gurgaon - Mar 23, 2012
- Maruti strike continues for fifth day, production hit - Oct 11, 2011
- Medical factory gutted in Gurgaon - May 27, 2012
- Suzuki plants get police cover, workers slam move - Jul 20, 2012
- Four-year-old falls in borewell in Haryana - Jun 21, 2012
- Talks on suspended workers fail at Honda scooters - Aug 08, 2012
- Hooda optimistic of breakthrough in Maruti impasse - Oct 20, 2011
- Tyre warehouse in Haryana gutted in fire - Jun 30, 2012
- Mahi trapped in borewell not responding to calls (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: bhagirath, collapse, dead on arrival, electronics ltd, faizabad, gurgaon, hero honda, imt manesar, industrial model, jan 21, labour departments, maruti india ltd, model township, naresh kumar, police fire, satellite town, senior officials, surender, trims, uttar pradesh