Two extra coaches to ease rush on Delhi MetroDecember 5th, 2010 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 5 (IANS) Looking to decongest trains, the Delhi Metro Sunday said it will add two coaches to the four-coach trains on the Dwarka-Noida line by December-end.
The additional coaches will be able to carry about 600 more passengers per train trip.
Subsequently, six-coach trains will be introduced on the Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon line to increase their carrying capacity, said Delhi Metro spokesperson Anuj Dayal.
“The Delhi Metro has started trial runs on the Dwarka-Noida line so that they (six-coach trains) are put into service before the end of December,” he said.
He said a team of engineers and contractors were involved in the process of converting the four-coach trains into six-coach trains.
“Several rounds of tests have been conducted. Addition of two coaches to existing trains will not lead to any technical glitches,” he said.
Currently, all Delhi Metro trains have four coaches, of which one is reserved for women.
- Delhi Metro inducts six-coach trains (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Six-coach trial run on Delhi-Gurgaon Metro line - Feb 06, 2011
- Delhi Metro inducts six-coach trains (Third Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi metro inducts six-coach trains to ease rush (lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi Metro to induct eight coach trains in two years - Aug 08, 2011
- Delhi Metro to induct eight-coach trains to ease rush - Jul 15, 2012
- Delhi Metro to induct 8-coach trains on two busy corridors - May 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro completes eight years, plans more trains - Dec 24, 2010
- Metro to alert passengers on approaching trains - Jan 30, 2012
- How many coaches? Metro to issue alerts (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Delhi Metro to begin operations at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 05, 2012
- 12 more trains for Delhi Metro before Games - Jul 27, 2010
- Metro to introduce six-coach trains by December - Nov 26, 2010
- Metro services to Ghaziabad start Thursday - Jul 12, 2011
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro again - Dec 03, 2010