Two die of food poisoning in Maharashtra

October 20th, 2010 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS  

Sangli (Maharashtra), Oct 20 (IANS) Two people in their sixties died of food poisoning after they consumed chapattis made of bajra flour that was mixed with pesticides, an official said here Wednesday.

“Primary reports show that the deaths occurred due to the consumption of chapattis made of bajra. The grains were found to have traces of pesticides,” said District Health officer Ashok Waghmare.

“We have taken the samples of the flour and sent it for laboratory tests. The exact cause of the deaths will be ascertained only after the reports come,” Waghmare added.

Those killed have been identified as Tanubai Medkari and Prajyat Kazi, a farm helper.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Business |

Subscribe