Two die of food poisoning in MaharashtraOctober 20th, 2010 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Sangli (Maharashtra), Oct 20 (IANS) Two people in their sixties died of food poisoning after they consumed chapattis made of bajra flour that was mixed with pesticides, an official said here Wednesday.
“Primary reports show that the deaths occurred due to the consumption of chapattis made of bajra. The grains were found to have traces of pesticides,” said District Health officer Ashok Waghmare.
“We have taken the samples of the flour and sent it for laboratory tests. The exact cause of the deaths will be ascertained only after the reports come,” Waghmare added.
Those killed have been identified as Tanubai Medkari and Prajyat Kazi, a farm helper.
- Over 80 fall sick after consuming special flour - Mar 04, 2011
- 37 seminary students hospitalised in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 21, 2011
- Four of family seriously ill after eating flour - Feb 18, 2011
- New tool helps detect pesticide presence in a jiffy - Dec 16, 2011
- More birds die in Meghalaya, test reports awaited - Jan 10, 2012
- 11,000 food samples tested in UAE - Aug 19, 2010
- More peacocks found dead in Rajasthan - Feb 26, 2011
- Thai authorities link toxic chemicals to foreigners' deaths - Aug 17, 2011
- Banned pesticides: Court wants report by Aug 17 (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Wisconsin Dead Cows Mystery Solved - Jan 31, 2011
- 2,000 dead birds set off flu fears in Meghalaya - Jan 09, 2012
- Punjab bans use of cancer causing pesticides in Malwa - Apr 21, 2012
- 222 people hit by food poisoning in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Pakistan cardiac drug that killed over 100 tainted: Report - Feb 01, 2012
- Meghalaya culls 5,000 birds - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,