Two central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year’s eveDecember 30th, 2011 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 30 (IANS) Two Metro stations in central Delhi will be closed from 8 p.m. on New Year’s eve Saturday due to security restrictions, the Delhi Metro official said.
A Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) press release said the sale of tickets at Rajiv Chowk and Barakhamba Road stations will be stopped from 7.45 p.m. and the entry gates will be closed at 8 p.m., in view of security restrictions in the area.
However, interchange facility at Rajiv Chowk station will not be affected.
“While the stations will be closed, interchange facility between Line-2 (HUDA City Centre-Jahangirpuri) and Line-3 (Dwarka Sec-21 - Noida Sec-32) will remain operational at Rajiv Chowk station as per normal schedule,” the DMRC official said.
All the trains operating on Line-3/4 (Dwarka Sec-21-NOIDA City Centre/Anand Vihar) will not stop at Barakhamba Road Metro station after 8 p.m. The services on this corridor will remain normal.
The services at all other Metro corridors and stations will continue normally.
“The passengers at all other stations are requested to contact the station staff before purchasing tokens for Rajiv Chowk and Barakhamba Road Metro stations. They can also contact DMRC’s helpline at 011-155370,” the metro official added.
Meanwhile the Reliance led Airport Metro Express Line (AMEL) will run throughout the night on Dec 31.
“On New Year-eve, people like to travel and get together with friends. Midnight train service will cater to those commuters visiting friends, clubs and pubs that night. With this line operating all night, the travellers will get a safe and comfortable option,” said a spokesperson of Reliance Infrastructure.
“We have also arranged for bus service at the Dwarka Sector-21 station which will ferry passengers during the night,” added the official.
- 3 central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 29, 2010
- Metro services to be curtailed on R-Day - Jan 23, 2012
- Kirti Nagar-Ashok Park Metro trial run started - Jul 14, 2011
- Metro to curtail services for Republic Day, Beating retreat - Jan 24, 2011
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Signal snag hits thousands of Metro commuters (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Rajiv Chowk Metro restrictions for New Year eve - Dec 30, 2009
- Get trade fair tickets at Metro stations - Nov 12, 2011
- Snag on Metro's Gurgaon line affects services, rectified (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Delhi Metro kickstarts efforts to decongest Rajiv Chowk - Jan 31, 2012
- Delhi Metro to begin operations at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 05, 2012
- Metro ridership touches 18 lakh, sets new record - Aug 02, 2011
- New Metro link to connect three corridors - Aug 07, 2011
- Delhi Metro hiccup affects thousands (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Metro, airport line to open at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: amel, anand, bus service, central delhi, chowk, commuters, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dwarka, entry gates, metro express, metro station, metro stations, midnight train, new year eve, noida, rajiv, security restrictions, station staff, train service