TVS Motor’s third quarter net profit up 1.39 percentJanuary 31st, 2012 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 31 (IANS) Two- and three-wheeler maker TVS Motor Tuesday reported a 1.39 percent rise in net profit for the quarter ending December at Rs.1,728.1 crore from Rs.1,437.02 crore in the like period of 2010-11.
The company said in a regulatory filing that its net sales in the period under review rose by 6.84 percent at Rs.1,732.59 crore from Rs.1,613.92 crore in the quarter ended Dec 31, 2010.
TVS Motor’s total income in the quarter increased 7.01 percent at Rs.1,762.22 crore from Rs.1,646.65 crore in the corresponding quarter of 2010-11.
The company’s expenditure in the quarter grew 6.50 percent at Rs.1,676.39 crore from Rs.1,573.97 crore in the like period of 2010-11.
Raw material cost in the third quarter rose by 4.60 percent at Rs.1,297.49 crore from Rs.1,240.38 crore in the quarter ended Dec 31, 2010.
“In the third quarter of the current fiscal, the company reported total two-wheeler sales at 5.19 lakh units, compared with 5.18 lakh units in the corresponding period of the previous year,” the company said in a statement.
“Scooter sales grew by 11 percent to 1.38 lakh units in the current quarter from 1.24 lakh units during the corresponding quarter of the previous year, while motorcycles registered sales of 1.93 lakh units in the reporting quarter against 2.11 lakh units in the quarter ended December 2010.”
According to the statement, three-wheeler sales during the third quarter declined by 11.70 percent at 8,899 units from 10,079 units in the quarter ended Dec 31, 2010.
Meanwhile, two-wheeler exports grew by 24 percent at 63,700 units from 51,441 units in the corresponding quarter of 2010-11.
The company’s scrip at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was up 2.95 percent at Rs.52.40.
- 1:1 bonus issue by TVS Motor Company - Apr 29, 2011
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- TVS's Q3 net profit jumps 137 percent - Jan 20, 2011
- TVS Motor sales up 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp's fourth quarter net up 20 percent - May 02, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's March sales soar (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's fourth quarter net profit down 45 percent - May 17, 2012
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in December - Jan 02, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 18 percent sales growth in May - Jun 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in April - May 01, 2011
- TVS logs 28 percent net profit, to launch new vehicles - May 24, 2012
- TVS Motor's Q2 net profit up 40 percent - Nov 03, 2011