TVS Motor targets 40 percent export growth in 2008-09May 1st, 2008 - 8:09 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, May 1 (IANS) Two-wheeler manufacturer TVS Motor Co Ltd is hoping to achieve around 40 percent growth in exports during the current fiscal. “Last year we exported around 137,000 units and the expectation for the current fiscal is anything between 185,000-200,000 units. We are also looking at new overseas markets,” H.S. Goindi, senior vice-president - international business and three-wheelers, told IANS.
He said 85-90 percent of the exports are of motorcycles and the balance consists of mopeds.
Expressing happiness about the initial market response to the TVS three-wheelers launched this March, Goindi said: “The response is good in the few districts we are present. We have sold around 150 units till date.”
Meanwhile, TVS Motor opened the new fiscal on a positive note posting 4.81 percent growth in sales at 109,937 units in April against 104,893 units in the corresponding period of the previous year.
During the same period, the company sold 58,202 units of motorcycles up from 53,499 units of the year-ago period.
In the scooters and mopeds segments, the company sold 19,034 and 32,701 units, respectively, last month in comparison to 18,798 and 32,596 units, respectively, in the corresponding period of 2007.
Exports continued their upward growth trend, recording an increase of approximately 41.49 percent at 10,213 units of two-wheelers against 7,231 units in April 2007.
In order to introduce seasonal limited editions every year, TVS Motor has signed up with the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) as a licensee and will bring out two limited edition scooters, designs of which will be inspired by the spirit of Wimbledon.
These scooters will appeal to women with sporty attitude and will be launched to coincide with the forthcoming Wimbledon season.
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in March - Apr 02, 2012
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in April - May 01, 2011
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in December - Jan 02, 2012
- TVS Motors logs 34 percent sales growth in August - Sep 01, 2010
- Honda Motorcycle logs growth, TVS Motor slips in February - Mar 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs negative growth in July - Aug 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 42 percent sales growth in Dec 2010 - Jan 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 18 percent sales growth in May - Jun 01, 2011
- Indian automobile sector's February sales soar (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Indian automobile sector's March sales soar (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: aeltc, england lawn tennis, england lawn tennis club, growth trend, initial market, lawn tennis club, licensee, limited editions, market response, motor co, overseas markets, scooters and mopeds, senior vice president, sporty attitude, three wheelers, two wheeler, two wheelers, upward growth, vice president international, wimbledon