TVS Motor sales up 5 percent in MayJune 1st, 2009 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 1 (IANS) City-based two-wheeler manufacturer TVS Motor Co Monday reported 5 percent growth in its last month sales at 118,574 units, compared to 112,770 vehicles sold in May 2008.
The company in a statement said its domestic motorcycles sales grew 3 percent to 43,165 units from 41,901 vehicles it sold in the like period last year.
Sales of scooters stood at 22,486 units last month, marginally down from 22,931 units recorded in the corresponding period last year.
The economic slowdown has impacted the company’s exports, which fell from 14,071 units in May 2008 to 11,135 units last month, the statement said.
- Auto companies start 2012 with good sales (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 30 percent sales growth in May - Jun 01, 2010
- TVS Motor logs six percent sales increase - Jul 01, 2009
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Honda Motorcycle logs growth, TVS Motor slips in February - Mar 01, 2012
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in December - Jan 02, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in April - May 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in March - Apr 02, 2012
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- TVS Motors logs 34 percent sales growth in August - Sep 01, 2010
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 42 percent sales growth in Dec 2010 - Jan 01, 2011
- TVS Motor sales down in May - Jun 01, 2012